Main Menu

Encampment Commander

Started by Stonewall, December 23, 2008, 03:04:43 AM

Stonewall

Quote from: Eclipse on December 24, 2008, 01:57:52 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on December 24, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
Base?  I thought it was at a civilian facility?  If its a military base I have a DOD decal and CAC card as I'm in the Air Guard.

I'm speaking of my encampment - not sure where FLWG's is.

Haha.  That's what I get for reading and posting using my blackberry.  They all kind of run together.  I had you mixed up with Joe Tomasone.
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Okay, well I just did a little research and I saw that this year's Winter Encampment is at Camp Winona, a YMCA camp that looks exactly like a place I spent a few summers at as an Indian Guide when I was in the single digits of my youth.  I am very eager to see how this turns out and I wish them the best of luck.  I think it looks better suited for an ES academy more than for encampment.

I know the summer encampments take place at Camp Blanding, an Army National Guard base, and that's cool, but there has to be a better place for a winter encampment.  Perhaps it should go back to being a SER encampment and be held in GA, like Moody AFB...lots of cool stuff to do there...PJs, 820th Security Forces Group and overall military support.   

Okay.  Step 1:  Find better place than Camp Winona.  Nothing against the folks holding it there, I just wouldn't want to have there myself.
Serving since 1987.

Trung Si Ma

Look at the Hurlburt / Egland area or even the Navy facilities in Panama City.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

Stonewall

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on December 24, 2008, 03:13:10 AM
Look at the Hurlburt / Egland area or even the Navy facilities in Panama City.

WIWAC, they held encampments at Camp Rudder.  Good call.
Serving since 1987.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Stonewall on December 24, 2008, 01:44:14 AM
Wilco.  I'd like to show up in uniform, preferably the uniform of the day.  Can I shoot you an email the day before to find out what they're wearing?

And, I think I should ask "permission" to visit.  Who is the CC and can I get their email address?

Sure can.   Email is the standard jtomasone FLWG address.

The EC is Lt. Col. Hartigan; he's on CAPTALK, although his name here escapes me.  If he doesn't chime in, email me and I'll shoot you his email address.

Stonewall

Quote from: JoeTomasone on December 24, 2008, 03:43:02 AM
The EC is Lt. Col. Hartigan; he's on CAPTALK, although his name here escapes me. 

Yeah, I've seen him on here before.  His name on CAP Talk is his name:  Robert Hartigan 

I've got his email address, same standard FLWG thing.  I'll have to firm up which day I can show up.  If nothing else, graduation day.
Serving since 1987.

major pain

I was a CC and DC of a flight academy for 5 years straight and ran a weather school at the same time for 2 of the 5 years.
Lt Col Rp Kraatz, CAP
Inspector General
Kansas Wing (KSWG-01)