Main Menu

Future NASA Missions

Started by JAFO78, November 16, 2008, 10:38:16 PM

JAFO78

For information on current and future NASA missions, please go here...

This list includes KSC, Wallops Flight Facility - Goddard Space Flight Center,
Vandenberg Air Force Base, and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. 

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/highlights/schedule.html
JAFO

DC

That's pretty neat, I had no idea how often we were launching things..

In a way kind of sad, the last Shuttle flight is listed there, STS-133, with Endeavour. Scheduled for May 31, 2010.

MikeD

Quote from: DC on November 17, 2008, 01:35:16 AM
That's pretty neat, I had no idea how often we were launching things..

In a way kind of sad, the last Shuttle flight is listed there, STS-133, with Endeavour. Scheduled for May 31, 2010.

We'll see if they extend it or not, but I'm kinda hoping they don't extend it much.  NASA is horribly underfunded as-is, and an unfunded mandate to keep flying Shuttle will slow work on the replacement, and could lead to even more budget cuts in aeronautics and science.

NASA was never even given extra funds to recover from Hurricane Katrina (over $1B worth).

DC

As much as I love watching shuttle launches from my backyard, I don't wish to see the program extended beyond 2010. I think NASA needs to refocus on Constellation, and keep moving forward. I agree that an extension of the shuttle program will keep time and money away from progressing forward, working on getting the various components of the Constellation program, especially the Ares I.

There will probably be a few years that we lose the capacity for manned flight inbetween programs, I would rather it happen sooner rather than later, so money is not wasted...