Service Jacket Shoulder Cord

Started by TwistedLogic, February 21, 2006, 07:16:45 PM

TwistedLogic

I did a search and didn't see anything on this...

I'm getting ready for the Civic Leadership Academy this week and need to figure out how to attach the shoulder cord to the service jacket under the new regs.  Since the cord has to be on the seam of the shoulder it can't be stuck under the shoulder board so what does one do?  Sew it on?

This hasn't been an issue beofore now becuase, to be honest, I haven't worn the service jacket since the change to 39-1.
C/Maj Noah Schill
Cadet Commander
Burlington Composite Squadron

Pylon

Quote from: TwistedLogic on February 21, 2006, 07:16:45 PM
I did a search and didn't see anything on this...

I'm getting ready for the Civic Leadership Academy this week and need to figure out how to attach the shoulder cord to the service jacket under the new regs.  Since the cord has to be on the seam of the shoulder it can't be stuck under the shoulder board so what does one do?  Sew it on?

This hasn't been an issue beofore now becuase, to be honest, I haven't worn the service jacket since the change to 39-1.

There's a good thread on it here on CadetStuff:  http://forums.cadetstuff.org/viewtopic.php?t=3662&highlight=

There's also a link in that thread to a handy pictorial guide to one method of pinning it down.

Summarized:  Most people seem to be fixing it to the coat by spearing it with a safety pin from inside the coat, at the base of the epaulet or shoulder seam.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

I don't understand why they didn't change to the pin on style of cords when they decided to change the manner of wear.  Glendale sells them... But of course CAP comes out and says:

Quote from: CAPR 52-16... Only the style and shade stocked by the CAP Bookstore will be worn.
Mike Johnston

TwistedLogic

And the Bookstore isn't even open anymore is it?  NHQ is so wierd.... ;D

Thanks for the link, Lt Kieloch.
C/Maj Noah Schill
Cadet Commander
Burlington Composite Squadron

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on February 21, 2006, 09:24:10 PM
I don't understand why they didn't change to the pin on style of cords when they decided to change the manner of wear.  Glendale sells them... But of course CAP comes out and says:

Quote from: CAPR 52-16... Only the style and shade stocked by the CAP Bookstore will be worn.

Well, since the CAP Bookstore no longer stocks any style, because the CAP Bookstore no longer exists, and neither does CAPMart, or any other CAP owned or CAP operated supply source, I don't think that regulation can apply anymore.

I'd switch over to the pin on style of cords until NHQ gets their head out of their [fourth-point-of-contact].
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Matt

Quote from: Pylon on February 22, 2006, 01:09:52 AM
[...] NHQ gets their head out of their [fourth-point-of-contact].

No wonder their ideas stink so much.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

Viper

the ones sold at Glendale are the same style-the Army style-that CAPMart sells.  The only Difference is that the ones from CAPMart have the button loop.

MIKE

Quote from: Viper on February 28, 2006, 09:54:53 PM

the ones sold at Glendale are the same style-the Army style-that CAPMart sells.  The only Difference is that the ones from CAPMart have the button loop.

Glendale has many more different styles than the one style CAPMart sold... This was the reason for posting the link.  Key among them are the styles that include a pin to attach the cord to the shoulder.
Mike Johnston

truj

I'll have to go with Lt. Johnston, because it looks stupid and I told the CAC that and they agread with me so i didn't charge it and i won until they change either the regs back or the chord.

1st Lt.  Adam Trujillo
         CTWG