Recruiter Ribbon Attachments

Started by addo1, October 24, 2008, 07:08:49 PM

addo1

Right now I have my recruiter ribbon and it has 4 bronze props on it. I am almost to the single silver. I have a question though. Once you get all 4 silver devices, is there a gold, or do you start another ribbon? I have been told multiple things, so I was just wondering.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

notaNCO forever

I've never seen one above the four silver. I think the regs say you can wear another one after the first ribbon is filled. having two of the same ribbon wouldn't look very good so I'd stay with one of them.

lordmonar

I don't think there is a gold prop.....

On your 22nd award you would wear 2 ribbons, 1 with 4 silver and the other plain.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

O-Rex

Are we talking props, or triangles devices?

Actual prop devices are for SAR/DR awards to flight crews.

notaNCO forever

Triangle devices. They have a propeller inside them.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: addo1 on October 24, 2008, 07:08:49 PM
  Right now I have my recruiter ribbon and it has 4 bronze props on it. I am almost to the single silver. I have a question though. Once you get all 4 silver devices, is there a gold, or do you start another ribbon? I have been told multiple things, so I was just wondering.

The rule followed in the Air Force (and CAP) is when the maximum number of clasps (i.e. 4 silver), any additional awards go on a second ribbon.

Suggest reading my guide on the proper wear of CAP ribbons: http://captalk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3179.0;attach=2152 .
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040