PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

SarDragon

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on September 02, 2008, 01:41:27 AM
Only road guards should have reflective belts

Whyzat? What's wrong with everyone having them, from a safety aspect?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DNall

Quote from: smitjud on August 31, 2008, 11:46:08 PM
Quote from: DNall on August 31, 2008, 10:22:20 PM
Quote from: smitjud on August 31, 2008, 10:15:35 PM
For the past couple years, at the AL/MS Encampment, we've issued PT shirts...similar to vanguards but we do ours in reflective ink
what does that cost you?
I'll have to dig out the paperwork, it wasn't that much more than the non-reflective option though. I think our total cost for the shirts with printing was around $7 or $8 per shirt. 

Thx. I'll have to look into that with my shirt guy.

Quote from: DC on August 31, 2008, 11:43:16 PM
Quote from: DNall on August 31, 2008, 10:01:43 PM
I wear a reflective belt too ($5)
Where do you get these at that price? The cheapest ones I could find were $12 each..
PX 4.95 + tax. PM me a reminder and I'll check AAFES online, see if they have them there at that price.

DC

Quote from: DNall on September 02, 2008, 02:56:07 AM
Quote from: smitjud on August 31, 2008, 11:46:08 PM
Quote from: DNall on August 31, 2008, 10:22:20 PM
Quote from: smitjud on August 31, 2008, 10:15:35 PM
For the past couple years, at the AL/MS Encampment, we've issued PT shirts...similar to vanguards but we do ours in reflective ink
what does that cost you?
I'll have to dig out the paperwork, it wasn't that much more than the non-reflective option though. I think our total cost for the shirts with printing was around $7 or $8 per shirt. 

Thx. I'll have to look into that with my shirt guy.

Quote from: DC on August 31, 2008, 11:43:16 PM
Quote from: DNall on August 31, 2008, 10:01:43 PM
I wear a reflective belt too ($5)
Where do you get these at that price? The cheapest ones I could find were $12 each..
PX 4.95 + tax. PM me a reminder and I'll check AAFES online, see if they have them there at that price.
I don't know anyone that can buy from AAFES Online... I'll never figure out why CAP personnel can go on bases with the purpose of going to the MCSS, but can't order from AAFES Online...

And it will cost the difference in gas to go to the nearest base.

Is there a reason only a few people should be safer than the rest? Would it not make more sense for everyone to be visible!?

DNall

Road guards should be identifiable from the rest of the formation. They're the head/tail lights for the formation, and will be running around separate from the big group of people, cutting across lanes & into intersections to stop/hold traffic. There's no rule, but in a perfect world everyone would wear a reflective PT belt, and road guards would also have vests. That's the SOP on a bunch of bases I've been to, but it varies by location & commander.

If vests is what you got, wear vests. If you want to invest in something, invest in vests w/ reflective strips on them. I like belts a lot more personally, but unless the location requires it or you just got money to blow, then I'd probably not do that.

brasda91

Quote from: DC on September 02, 2008, 04:48:19 AM

I don't know anyone that can buy from AAFES Online... I'll never figure out why CAP personnel can go on bases with the purpose of going to the MCSS, but can't order from AAFES Online...

I believe my Chaplain just ordered some dress blues from AAFES online or via the phone...humm.  I'll check with him and report back..if I don't forget  ;)
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Eclipse

Quote from: DC on September 02, 2008, 04:48:19 AMI don't know anyone that can buy from AAFES Online... I'll never figure out why CAP personnel can go on bases with the purpose of going to the MCSS, but can't order from AAFES Online...

You can't use the online, but you can call them for anything uniform related.
http://forums.cadetstuff.org/viewtopic.php?t=4960&highlight=aafes

"That Others May Zoom"

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: SarDragon on September 02, 2008, 02:26:42 AM

Whyzat? What's wrong with everyone having them, from a safety aspect?

Well at say an encampment where everybody runs as a flight, the road guards should be wearing reflective belts to stand out from the rest of the flight. I mean at a squadron that has cadets individual cadets doing PT, they may need a reflective belt, if it is dark.
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

smitjud

When we do our warrior runs at encampment everyone has on PT belts and the road guards wear orange relective vests to make them stand out from the flight and for increased visibility while guarding an intersection.
JUSTIN D. SMITH, Maj, CAP
ALWG

"You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower