Ranger Tabs Authorized?

Started by SilverEagle2, August 19, 2008, 09:48:49 PM

BuckeyeDEJ

If it's Gen. Courter's duty to ensure that regulations are issued in a timely manner, I'm willing to give her a little bit of a pass, at least for a while. (Heck, she's gotta clean up the ICL mess her predecessor left behind!)

Funny... we had an entire uniform added to the organization by ICL, didn't we?

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

lordmonar

Well that is the crux of it......

We have competeing regulations....we have NB staffers who do not do their jobs....we have NB members who completely ingore regulations and their bosses allow them to do so.

So...once again it comes down to doing the best we can....keeping things in perspective and moving on.

If in doubt use the your chain of command. 

Don't trust my or anyone else's interpetation of the regulations.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Bluelakes 13

Quote from: SilverEagle2 on September 29, 2008, 07:35:59 PM
Anyone see what Col. Regena Aye was wearing on her BDU's on page 25 of the last Volunteer?

Interesting... ???

And the beat go on...

Speaking of the Volunteer, I had 5 of my photos published in this issue - and guess what - no uniform issues in them!

::)

SilverEagle2

I just thought it interesting that a National Publication would show a Command Level Officer wearing an unauthorized uniform item.

Just shows that there is a real confusion on this issue whether it is or is not authorized if seasoned members like this are confused.

Really an observation if anything.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

Rangercap

Quote from: SilverEagle2 on October 02, 2008, 02:43:09 PM
I just thought it interesting that a National Publication would show a Command Level Officer wearing an unauthorized uniform item.

Just shows that there is a real confusion on this issue whether it is or is not authorized if seasoned members like this are confused.

Really an observation if anything.

I'm surprised National didn't take the time to photoshop the Ranger Tab. Not like that haven't pulled of some REALLY bad attempts to photoshop picutres in the past with regard to uniform issues. Or what they at least thought were uniform issues.

Brian
PAWG

BuckeyeDEJ

The Photoshoppers at NHQ can't get to everything. From what I hear, many of the photos in the magazine have faux pas -- and they can't get 'em all.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

cap235629

Is it just me or should this issue of volunteer be renamed CAP Cadet Illustrated.

Every article except the one announcing the election of the new national commander was about the cadet program in one way or another.

Personally I think it should have equal space dedicated to each of our missions and reflect the true membership, there are more seniors than cadets folks

sorry for the drift
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Grumpy

They usually do that this time of year to get the word out about the National Cadet Special Activities for next year.  Dec 31 is the dead line for applications.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: cap235629 on October 03, 2008, 05:21:57 AM
Is it just me or should this issue of volunteer be renamed CAP Cadet Illustrated.

Every article except the one announcing the election of the new national commander was about the cadet program in one way or another.

Personally I think it should have equal space dedicated to each of our missions and reflect the true membership, there are more seniors than cadets folks

sorry for the drift

Cadets are awesome, seniors are boring.  I don't want to read about old guys  >:D

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Ned

Technically true, but there are more folks who work primarily in cadet programs (cadets plus the supporting seniors) than the other two missions put together.

Surely the Ops side of the house should be happy with a budget advantage of over 4 to 1 over CP without denying us the occasional favorable coverage in the Volunteer.

Ned Lee
Cadet Program Enthusiast

flyerthom

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 03, 2008, 12:05:59 PM

sorry for the drift

Cadets are awesome, seniors are boring.  I don't want to read about old guys  >:D

>:( Cadet squad leader - send this cadet for donuts - double time!  :angel:
TC

SilverEagle2

This thread is now squawking 7500.. :(
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP

Gerald G. Probst,

SilverEagle2

Interesting note.

Looks like the NB approved Hawk/Blue Beret items again.

NB May 2008 Meeting Minutes, AGENDA ITEM - 5

Accepted during the Nov 2008 Meeting with no changes.

Wonder if the followup will occur.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP

Gerald G. Probst,

DNall

cnitas

QuoteIt won't.

So what exactly is the point of continous NB votes if the policy is never implemented?
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

lordmonar

Quote from: cnitas on December 04, 2008, 02:20:14 PM
QuoteIt won't.

So what exactly is the point of continous NB votes if the policy is never implemented?

It is implemented...in PAWG.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP