Is the grey corporate uniform being phased out?

Started by stratoflyer, August 13, 2008, 06:50:00 AM

stratoflyer

I started wearing the grey uniform (because I ain't got anything else yet). I like it when flying because it looks professional (I look like I'm flying for an airline) and I find it comfortable, and it goes well at meetings. I find it all around a good uniform. Since the CSU came out (with the blue), the greys seems obsolete. So are they being phased out? Anyone else wear the greys, and like them?
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

Eclipse

No.

They are in active use all over the place, and there has been no discussion (except maybe here) of discontinuing their use.
There are lot more people wearing the aviator whites than the CSU, especially considering that the whites share epaulets, nameplates and most insignia with the USAF service dress and the golf shirt combo.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on August 13, 2008, 07:00:58 AM
No.

They are in active use all over the place, and there has been no discussion (except maybe here) of discontinuing their use.
There are lot more people wearing the aviator whites than the CSU, especially considering that the whites share epaulets, nameplates and most insignia with the USAF service dress and the golf shirt combo.

... and us fuzzies can wear them, too.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davedove

Quote from: SarDragon on August 13, 2008, 08:34:48 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 13, 2008, 07:00:58 AM
No.

... and us fuzzies can wear them, too.

Exactly, those who do not meet grooming standards cannot wear the CSU (which I don't happen to agree with, but that's another issue ;)).
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Bluelakes 13

I wear the greys almost all the time.  And I like them! 

stratoflyer

They're cheap--about $60 bucks, plus shoes and insignia.
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP