Main Menu

SER Winter Encampment

Started by JROB, August 04, 2008, 07:37:02 PM

BillB

If you go to the Florida Wing Cadets programs page, Activities, Winter Encampment, the location is TBA, To Be announced. Looks like Blanding is not available.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

DC

Quote from: BillB on September 01, 2008, 12:37:07 PM
If you go to the Florida Wing Cadets programs page, Activities, Winter Encampment, the location is TBA, To Be announced. Looks like Blanding is not available.
Or does that just mean that they have yet to update the page. They haven't even selected the command staff yet...

I wonder where besides Blanding they would hold it... I hope it isn't Tyndall, cool base, boring Encampment...

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: DC on September 02, 2008, 12:26:39 AM
Or does that just mean that they have yet to update the page. They haven't even selected the command staff yet...

I wonder where besides Blanding they would hold it... I hope it isn't Tyndall, cool base, boring Encampment...

Ever notice that winter always seems to get thrown together at the last minute?
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

BillB

Several weeks ago the Fla Wing Cadet web page listed the Winter Encampment as being at Blanding. So the TBD change was recently added
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

SWASH

Quote from: 2d Lt Rudin on September 02, 2008, 12:30:47 AM
Quote from: DC on September 02, 2008, 12:26:39 AM

Ever notice that winter always seems to get thrown together at the last minute?
That was a fun conversation last year on cadetstuff. I just hope they get info out soon so I can start planning my trip down from INWG.
CHRIS W. SAJDAK, C/SMSgt, CAP
2006-2007 SERWE Doolie, 2007-2008 SERWE Flight Sergeant
2008 ILWG Summer Encampment Flight Sergeant
08/09 FLWG Winter Encampemnt PAO

Cecil DP

QuoteThe latest rumor is we will be in the nicer, newer barracks this year for both winter (if held at blanding) and summer... and they are supposedly climate controlled.

Climate controlled means the doors and windows can be opened and closed!

Tags - MIKE
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

DC

They have announced that the FLWG WE will be held at Camp Winowa, a YMCA camp near Daytona, complete with log cabins, canoes, and an Arts and Crafts Cabin. Ye haw.

notaNCO forever

Hey you can have the cadets do arts and crafts sounds fun.

stratoflyer

Or scare the beejeesus out of the other campers with some Hooah's!  ;D
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

DC

I'm definately not impressed with their site selection. I'm still encouraging cadets to go, but most of them were less than excited when this was announced.

Maj Ballard

I think it'll be great. Ropes course, rifle range. Well-equipped facilities. Got any better ideas?
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

DC

Quote from: Captain B on September 25, 2008, 11:51:27 AM
I think it'll be great. Ropes course, rifle range. Well-equipped facilities. Got any better ideas?
I hadn't heard about the ropes course.

But, It will be what it will be.

Cecil DP

I believe that holding it at Camp Winona is because it is cheaper than using CAmp Blanding. The Cabins are heated (From what I heard from last year, they had to use space heaters), the cost of food is cheaper if you're not buying it from the Army, and we would have complete control the site.

Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85