Main Menu

AFIADL Results

Started by Tubacap, June 23, 2008, 02:42:40 AM

Short Field

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on June 28, 2008, 05:38:23 AM
As a warmup for SOS I would suggest everyone enroll in the AFRes Officer Prep Course.

Isn't that a lot like practice bleeding???   ;D
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

afgeo4

Can we as CAP officers register for the AF Res Officer Prep Course? How do we do that? What's the course number?

I'd love to take the SOS one day, but right now I simply don't have the time to devote to such a major course. This prep course might just be the ticket to keep my mind focused.
GEORGE LURYE

SAR-EMT1

Yes, we can register for it, Course number 00017. Order as per usual via the online card at Air University.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Tubacap

Well, I'm pleased to announce, that I  finally passed everything in Level 2 and my promotion posted today to Capt!
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: Tubacap on July 09, 2008, 10:22:16 PM
Well, I'm pleased to announce, that I  finally passed everything in Level 2 and my promotion posted today to Capt!

>:(

Will you be at ENC? 

ßτε

I suppose you can now change your signature to reflect this good news.

IceNine

:clap:
Congrats, its all down hill from here... stupid eci13

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Tubacap

Quote from: JC004 on July 09, 2008, 11:04:10 PM

Will you be at ENC? 

Yep.
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: Tubacap on July 10, 2008, 01:36:03 AM
Quote from: JC004 on July 09, 2008, 11:04:10 PM

Will you be at ENC? 

Yep.

Very well.  My revenge will come then.  See you there.

SJFedor

Colgan is just mad because everyone but him has promoted to Captain.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

mikeylikey

Quote from: SJFedor on July 10, 2008, 09:10:59 PM

Or he does much more work for CAP than every single Captain in PAWG.  He got screwed over by the PA Wing Staff, and they joke about it.  If I were him, I would shutdown the Wing Website.

Colgan how long you been a member......10 years?  And we meet people everyday who join and are immediate Captains and leave after a year.  Or get a "special" promotion to Captain for completing ROTC, but still have to wait 6 months to Commission in the AF because they failed college classes.   

I would be [censored]y about it.  But Colgan is a better person, I give him props for actually working with the idiots at Wing. 
What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on July 10, 2008, 11:21:01 PM
Quote from: SJFedor on July 10, 2008, 09:10:59 PM

Or he does much more work for CAP than every single Captain in PAWG.  He got screwed over by the PA Wing Staff, and they joke about it.  If I were him, I would shutdown the Wing Website.

Colgan how long you been a member......10 years?  And we meet people everyday who join and are immediate Captains and leave after a year.  Or get a "special" promotion to Captain for completing ROTC, but still have to wait 6 months to Commission in the AF because they failed college classes.   

I would be [censored]y about it.  But Colgan is a better person, I give him props for actually working with the idiots at Wing. 

9 years I have been a member.  Earhart...screwed out of the chance to get the Eaker and Spaatz because I constantly, constantly applied for the AFIADL 13 using what was the official procedure in PAWG at the time.  I was never able to get promoted to SFO (same issue) and never saw an AFIADL anything until last year, then it continued and a test went somewhere unknown.  Since this has been my experience since 2003/2004, I've talked to a lot of people at the squadron/group levels with the same issue.  It's a big thing here in PAWG.  And it's crap.

I bend over backwards for PAWG and I can't get a simple test that I could have passed years ago.  I don't appreciate it. 

I am on-call when they need a last-minute staff member for an activity, I put up with the ridiculous fighting between staff over the silliest things, and I work hard on what I am given.  In fact, last night, I stayed up all night because there were issues that needed to be fixed on the PAWG web site.  It bothers me not because of Captain bars, but because it seems like an appreciation/respect thing to fill your request for a test, provide updated staff lists for the web site, send me the wing publications to make them electronic for the members, etc.  And the publications and other stuff isn't for me, it's for my job at Wing, and it's for the 2,400 members.  Then, I get flak from the members because this stuff isn't available to them. 

Stonewall

Often times, in all walks of life, good guys come in last.  I've been in that boat before; in CAP and military alike.  I've learned to step up and not take "no" or the more popular "you can't do it that way" responses.

On topic, can CAP members go to active, guard or reserve base training offices and take their AFAIDL tests?  I wouldn't see why not.  You get your results back immediately, as soon as you click "see your results" on the computer.

I'm in the GA ANG and while on TDY at Lackland I took an AFIADL test.

Has someone looked into this?  It would save a lot of us a lot of time and hassle.  Call the base education office, schedule a time, take the test, get your grade, move out and draw fire.  It's that easy.
Serving since 1987.

Tubacap

^not in PAWG.  I understand Colgan's issue, I was there.  I literally took me 3 years and two enrollments (one with an extension) and four requests for the exam before I actually saw it.  It is an issue that needs to be fixed, and I hear its getting worked on, but cannot confirm. 

AFIADL 13 is a paper only exam, so it has to be sent back for grading.  The other courses could be done at a base education office.

NER-PA-001

mikeylikey

^ But the paper test itself can be sent to an ED Office at a base or post.  It is the group leading PRO DEV in PAWG that are not allowing that to take place.  The State Director actually wanted CAP members to take the tests at Armories, Bases and Posts.  Leadership said no, because it allows them to control the flow.

AFIADL 13 is silly anyway.  Weren't we supposed to have an on line basic course by now??

Colgan.....the day you finally take your test, I am sure they will roll out the on line version, and we will see an influx of Captains. 

My biggest gripe..... let the member take it at the local unit.  We allow Cadets to take tests that are much more valuable to their futures at the SQD.  Why can't we do the same for 13??

What's up monkeys?

RiverAux

QuoteAFIADL 13 is silly anyway.  Weren't we supposed to have an on line basic course by now??
Seeing as how they just asked for help to produce such a course in the last couple of months, I don't think they expected to have it ready by now...

davidsinn

Quote from: mikeylikey on July 11, 2008, 02:04:40 PM

My biggest gripe..... let the member take it at the local unit.  We allow Cadets to take tests that are much more valuable to their futures at the SQD.  Why can't we do the same for 13??

I thought that was SOP? My SD is forwarding it to my unit's TCO.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Tubacap

and many units do this, the problem is that it gets forwarded down through to the group level now.  But unless your group TCO knows it coming and kind of hang's around the wing mail, then a lot of times it gets missed.
NER-PA-001

Eclipse

If it gets "missed", its an internal procedural or records tracking issue, not a problem with the test or the system.

Its not like we're doing 100 of these a month. If the Group CC or TCO can't keep track of one occasional exam and get it passed to the unit TCO in a timely manner, that is a different issue.

"That Others May Zoom"

mikeylikey

^ Oh absolutely.  IT is not AFIADL or an AF issue or even an issue at Maxwell.  It is an issue of local leadership (Wing, Group and staff) not doing the right thing. 

I don't understand why the test has to go through Wing Staff to begin with.  It should be sent directly to the member with instructions "to be opened by your SQD TCO".  Then you go to a meeting, say "hey I am taking my AFIADL 13 tonight, open the packet for me, and then take control of it once I have completed it". 

It is not a very difficult process, but adding three layers of hands in their, and the inconsistency of Wing Staff NEVER checking their mail at Wing HQ......ya.  Problem is totally on Cap's side, NOT AF side. 
What's up monkeys?