OAKLEY GOVERNMENT SALES

Started by Stonewall, February 04, 2008, 01:22:04 AM

Stonewall

Admin:  You may want this in the "Marketplace".  Your choice.

I know for a fact that CAP "credentials" are good to go for this so if you go to OAKLEY GOVERNMENT SALES you can get up to 50% off of Oakley glasses, goggles, gloves, footwear, etc. 

I got issued a pair of the Oakley SF Assault boots when I was in the PJ squadron and love them so much I bought another pair and I just bought a tan pair for deployment.  I've bought glasses for friends at about half price.

You have to register and send them proof of your status (EMS, ES, Mil, Fed, LE, etc).  I recently had a friend use his CAP ID so it does work.  I'd mention something about Emergency Services or AIR FORCE AUXILIARY just to play it safe.

Go to their site, register and in one work day you'll have access to purchase stuff.

As an example, those boots were $200+ and I got them for $120.

PS:  YOU CAN'T SEE EVEN 1/3 OF THE ITEMS YOU CAN BUY UNTIL YOU GET REGISTERED.  THERE ARE LITERALLY 100s OF ITEMS AT UP TO 60% OFF REGULAR PRICE.
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

FYI... The Air Force (and CAP) pretty much authorizes any "all black/leather" boots for use in BDUs, BBDUs, and Flight Suits.  However, if you do happen to get a pair of the black boots, I suggest getting the 8" because they're more inline with standard military boots versus the 6" ones I was issued at the PJ squadron.  Yes, USAF actually purchases Oakley boots and issues it to folks like PJs because they're perfect for doing rescue missions and working around a Pavehawk, jumping from a C-130 or running with a whole bunch of gear on your back.

I wear the 6" boots at work and with my CAP flightsuit.  But I just bought a pair of 8" desert boots for an upcoming deployment.  I've been wearing them all day to break them in and I'll admit, they feel nice; like athletic shoes.

Think ^ these ^ are 6" boots.
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Got these gloves too.  Black for work and tan for the desert.  I've worn them for about 3 weeks now and love'em.  Good dexterity and the knuckles can put a hurtin' on the bad guy's face if you know what I mean....

Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

These are the Oakley "Half Jackets" that I got issued from the Air Force and just so happens, from my previous job at the World Bank.  They feel and look good.  There are two styles of lenses, I have the ones shown here that have a more squared look to them.

Serving since 1987.

isuhawkeye

My home Fire Department got into this page pretty good.  the glasses are stylish, cheap, and meet many safety standards

Eclipse

Quote from: Stonewall on February 04, 2008, 01:46:51 AM
Got these gloves too.  Black for work and tan for the desert.  I've worn them for about 3 weeks now and love'em.  Good dexterity and the knuckles can put a hurtin' on the bad guy's face if you know what I mean....

Those look like they would be good for riding, too, and not the kind of thing  you see in the corner motorcycle shop.

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

Quote from: Eclipse on February 04, 2008, 03:45:41 AMThose look like they would be good for riding, too, and not the kind of thing  you see in the corner motorcycle shop.

Funny you should say that.  A guy at work saw mine and said he had a pair for riding.  He paid full price for his though.  WOW!  They cost $70 here.  Got mine for $35 from the Government Sales Site.
Serving since 1987.

SARMedTech

I like the gloves alot. The pair I have now are kevlar lined Franklin Uniforces. I wear them for rescue work and also when dealing with "non-compliant" patients who may or may not have been patted down. Im wondering if the knuckles on the Oaklies would break tempered auto glass (side windows) since they look like they would work great as extrication gloves. Not that I am big on punching a window, but in a pinch....

Also wondering if my IMERT ID would work as government ID, or my state issued EMT license or National Registry number. Let me know what you think Kirt.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Stonewall

Quote from: SARMedTech on February 04, 2008, 07:07:27 AMAlso wondering if my IMERT ID would work as government ID, or my state issued EMT license or National Registry number. Let me know what you think Kirt.

You're a member of CAP, right?  Use your CAP ID.  If not, I'd go with IMERT because practically anyone can be an EMT without having an affiliation with a governmental agency.  With your IMERT stuff, there is a small box for "additional info", I'd throw a rew words describing your affiliation.  Also, you may want to pass this info on at your next IMERT meeting....spread the wealth.
Serving since 1987.

SARMedTech

Yeah I was just wondering if the IMERT ID would work since we have several Oakley junkies on board.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

BigMojo

The CAP Photo ID works. I just registered and was approved in less than 2 hours.

Thanks for the info on that site. 
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

Climbnsink

CAP nonphoto ID works as well.  Thanks for the tip.

Nick

I've been meaning to post on this subject but never did.

So, I tested the Wiley-X CTAG (Combat/Tactical Assault Gloves) and the Oakley SI Assault Gloves in the desert.  I have to go hands down (no pun) on the Wiley-X's.

While Oakley's classy and it matched my sunglasses, the quality wasn't there compared to the Wiley-X's.  I used each for about 3 months (give or take), and the Wiley-X's held up fine with the exception of a very small part on one finger of one glove where the non-slip rubber was starting to wear off.

In the same time, I already had a tear in the webbing between the thumb and forefinger on one of the Oakley's, and several of the non-slip rubber dots fell off on the finger and on the back-of-the-hand grip of both gloves.

So, my there-and-back assessment of tactical/assault gloves is with Wiley-X.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

Stonewall

Quote from: McLarty on February 07, 2008, 03:38:06 AMSo, my there-and-back assessment of tactical/assault gloves is with Wiley-X.

Where were you 2 months ago when I ordered my Oakleys?

Good thing is I can buy 2 sets of Oakley gloves for the price of one Wiley-X.  I used to have a pair of Wiley-X gloves but I don't know what happened to them....oh yeah, I gave them to you to use in the desert.
Serving since 1987.

brasda91

Quote from: BigMojo on February 05, 2008, 05:18:55 PM
The CAP Photo ID works. I just registered and was approved in less than 2 hours.

Thanks for the info on that site. 

Yep, same here.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Stonewall

Just wanted to bump this back up and remind everyone of this opportunity through Oakley.

The website changed a little bit but the process for applying is the same.  Plus, they have some new glasses out, which I bought, of course.

I came across the Oakley retail store in a San Antonio mall where I saw a pair of glasses for $170.  On the site they were $55.
Serving since 1987.

Fireball

I just received a pair of FIVES today from them. I ordered them exactly one week ago, not bad considering it was a holiday weekend and I live on the opposite coast. The pricing can't be beat, and they look so cool as well.
R. N. Brock, Maj, CAP
NCWG

Stonewall

Yes, they're pretty darn fast with their shipping too.  Usually takes a week.

Just to give everyone an example of the savings you can get.

I found these glasses for $140 through a discount store.  On the Oakley government site they're $55.

And these for $155, but again, only $55 on the site above.  I bought both of these glasses for less than one pair costs at the cheapest place I could find them...

Serving since 1987.

SJFedor

Quote from: SARMedTech on February 04, 2008, 07:07:27 AM

I like the gloves alot. The pair I have now are kevlar lined Franklin Uniforces. I wear them for rescue work and also when dealing with "non-compliant" patients who may or may not have been patted down. Im wondering if the knuckles on the Oaklies would break tempered auto glass (side windows) since they look like they would work great as extrication gloves. Not that I am big on punching a window, but in a pinch....

I have a pair very similar for riding, and yes, they'll put a hurting on anything you hit, including car windows.

(Of note, your post inspired me, so I took a trip out to the local junkyard to test it out. Works like a champ, and made me feel pretty BA  ;D )

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

AlphaSigOU

Got my account approved, no fuss, no muss, no problem with CAP photo ID.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040