Main Menu

Command Badge

Started by SSgt Rudin, January 31, 2008, 01:12:10 PM

SSgt Rudin

So we have the badge, thats cool, why don't we have a patch for the BDU's?
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

RogueLeader

That would fall under the "That would make sense" category; and thus not be allowed.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RiverAux

Must every item be available for wear on every uniform? 

jeders

Please, for the love of all that is good and right, no command patch for the BDUs. We need fewer patches, not more.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

MIKE

It's a cloth badge, not a patch.
Mike Johnston

jeders

Patches/badges, lets just try and de-clutter our uniforms.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

notaNCO forever

Quote from: jeders on January 31, 2008, 04:44:09 PM
I second that

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: NCO forever on January 31, 2008, 05:40:25 PM
Quote from: jeders on January 31, 2008, 04:44:09 PM
I second that

I agree, to a point. Yes there are a lot of random patches for the BDU's (I have 10 things that are required). However the command badge is something that the Air Force has on their BDU's. IMHO the "patches" should be limmited too:

-Name Tape
-CAP Tape
-Rank insignia
-2 Specialty Badges or 1 and wings
-Command Badge
-Optional Squadron Patch (attached by velcro*)
*If you want to wear a NCSA/safety/model rocketry/etc patch it would only be authorized at the activity if you are returning or if your squadron does not have/require a squadron patch, hence the velcro. Pluto would also be authorized here as opposed to right chest.

-No wing patch
-No reverse American Flag
-No ranger garb
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

RiverAux

This is one of among many badges/patches that there is no real need for in CAP and the AF probably doesn't need it either. 

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

Hobbsh1

Quote from: NCO forever on January 31, 2008, 09:20:55 PM
Quote from: mikeylikey on January 31, 2008, 09:17:13 PM
Quote from: SSgt Rudin on January 31, 2008, 07:06:45 PM
-No ranger garb

AGREED!
definitely

Just out of curiosity.... what's the issue with members having "ranger garb" on their uniform??  Don't you become authorized to wear those things when you complete Hawk Mountain or equivalent?  I know there is an SQTR for each class of ranger, so if someone has completed the tasks, they become eligible for the ranger tabs.

I just don't understand why it bothers people that much, aside from the clutter issue that some have mentioned. ???

Maj Dave "Hobbs" Hobgood
Group 1 PAWG

notaNCO forever

Quote from: Hobbsh1 on January 31, 2008, 09:42:25 PM
-No ranger garb

AGREED!
definitely

Just out of curiosity.... what's the issue with members having "ranger garb" on their uniform??  Don't you become authorized to wear those things when you complete Hawk Mountain or equivalent?  I know there is an SQTR for each class of ranger, so if someone has completed the tasks, they become eligible for the ranger tabs.

I just don't understand why it bothers people that much, aside from the clutter issue that some have mentioned. ???
It's not authorized in the 39-1, it looks stupid, and all it does is boost there allready huge huge ego.

SJFedor

Quote from: NCO forever on January 31, 2008, 09:46:57 PM
-No ranger garb

AGREED!
definitely

It's not authorized in the 39-1, it looks stupid, and all it does is boost there allready huge huge ego.

Yeah, honestly. "CAP Ranger" insignia is essentially CAP's equivilant to merit badges. The "CAP Ranger" ratings have nothing to do with any operational aspect of CAP other then what happens on the mountain. An R/1 has a lot of knowledge, sure, but if they don't have the CAP GTM or GTL qual, they're useless in the field, as far as the AF and AFAM mission status are concerned.

In essence, it's "look at me" type stuff, which is not how it should be. Be proud of the knowledge you have by passing that knowledge to others in the proper setting, not wearing 12 different patches that scream "I'M IMPORTANT!!!"

And since we're drifting WAY off topic....

[/drift]

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

ddelaney103

The problem is if you start letting individual programs in CAP issue their own distinctive insignia, it will be hard to hold back the flood from the other programs.

Hobbsh1

Quote from: NCO forever on January 31, 2008, 09:46:57 PM
-No ranger garb

AGREED!
definitely

If it's not authorized in the 39-1, then how can they were it "legally"? I've only seen anyone wear it on BDU's, do some wear the "ranger garb" on the corporate or AF-style uniform?

Looks are a matter of opinion and everyone is intitled to an opinion (this is not a slam on opinion so don't take it that way), and as for the ego part, I have 4 members (I think its 4) in my unit that have done the SQTR's for the ranger courses <--for lack of a better term... and they don't have any worse an ego than the next person.  Maybe the members in my unit are a rarity when it comes to the ego issue.

But, like I said in my previous post... just curious. ;D

Maj Dave "Hobbs" Hobgood
Group 1 PAWG

SJFedor

Quote from: Hobbsh1 on January 31, 2008, 10:05:20 PM
If it's not authorized in the 39-1, then how can they were it "legally"? I've only seen anyone wear it on BDU's, do some wear the "ranger garb" on the corporate or AF-style uniform?

Yes. Ranger staff are "authorized" orange shoulder cords, expert rangers black cords. And, despite the ruling in 39-1, I've seen SMs wearing said cords.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Eclipse

Quote from: Hobbsh1 on January 31, 2008, 09:42:25 PMI know there is an SQTR for each class of ranger, so if someone has completed the tasks, they become eligible for the ranger tabs.

There are no nationally-recognized SQTR's for "Rangers", nor does the term or rating have any standing within the current national ES curriculum.

Quote from: Hobbsh1 on January 31, 2008, 10:05:20 PM
If it's not authorized in the 39-1, then how can they were it "legally"?

The answer is contained within your question, grasshopper.

"That Others May Zoom"

mikeylikey

The "rangers" get away with it now, because the PAWG Wing King is spineless, and the wing revolves around the program.  I would also bet that is the reason for the spread into Florida Wing.  I bet when (and if) we get ABU's, despite the regulations "rangers" will just keep wearing their unauthorized crap.

They can't follow the rules we have now, what makes anyone think they will follow them when we have a re-write of 39-1.  I have never seen anything from the AF saying they are allowed to wear the "ranger" bling nor from any CAP command level.  I have seen previous PAWG wing Commanders say no to the wearing of any "ranger" garb, but have never seen a change letter to those orders.

I am so hatefull towrads the program because it only creates an "elitist" mentality, that should not exist in our program.  I try to convince as many cadets as I can NOT to attend the "ranger school". 

Huge rant, and drift over.  PM bashing may now commence!   :-*
What's up monkeys?

MIKE

CCs badges to Ranger bling... Drift terminated.
Mike Johnston