Wife says I have too much gear

Started by Stonewall, January 07, 2008, 02:17:15 AM

Stonewall

I've given away or sold all the gear I don't want/need.  Everything I kept is stuff that you can't buy anymore, stuff I need, stuff I just can't let go of, or stuff that I need to hold on to incase the government comes knocking and want it back.  Just because they didn't ask for it back doesn't mean they won't want it back one day.
Serving since 1987.

sarmed1

QuoteJust because they didn't ask for it back doesn't mean they won't want it back one day.

I had a bunch of GI issue type stuff with me one day....My cav unit was deactivating and I brought out my bag of "extra" items just in case I was missing something I wouldnt actually have to pay for it.  Some of it was never asked for gear some was CAP acquired etc etc

bad idea....

The supply NCO said if I cant produce a reciept it must be issue stuff I never bothered to return...and into her bag it went....

Lesson leaned never have anyhting but whats on the paper and never get rid of anything because "...nobody asked for it back"

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

RiverAux

Quote from: Stonewall on January 07, 2008, 02:17:15 AM
My wife says I have too much gear.
Too much gear???  Nah, sounds like you've got too much wife.  >:D

Tubacap

William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

flyerthom

Quote from: Tubacap on June 23, 2008, 11:20:49 PM
***DUCK!!!!****

<Brad Paisly> ...There's a gun in my truck , Honey,  I'm still a guy! </Brad Paisley>
TC

Stonewall

Quote from: RiverAux on June 23, 2008, 11:18:41 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on January 07, 2008, 02:17:15 AM
My wife says I have too much gear.
Too much gear???  Nah, sounds like you've got too much wife.  >:D

Yeah, luckily I'm pretty good with taking what I dish out.  And since my smokin' hot wife can out PT most men, especially in CAP, even at 8 months pregnant, I'm not worried about it.
Serving since 1987.

RiverAux

Ah, you missed it....not too BIG of a wife...but having ANY wife at all to tell you that you have too much gear.....

Fifinella

Quote from: Stonewall on June 25, 2008, 04:50:13 PM
I'm not worried about it.

Particularly since you're half-way across the country right now?  ;D >:D
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Hoorah

I have too much CAP stuff also.
I have one big folder of Cap Paperwork.
1 Blues Uniform. 1 Blues hats. 1 CAP binder with CAP paperwork and Aerospace etc  in it. 1 notebook with CAP paperwork and notes. 1 Cap wallet. C/AB Ranks. 1 BDU Hat.
2 PT Shirts. 1. CAP regs software cd. 2 black bdu shirts.
1. Airforce shirt for leisure wear at CAP. 1 BDU jacket.
1 pair of black dress shoes. Several Uniform socks. 1 pair of BDU boots. 1 24 hour pack coming to me in the mail.  1. CAP radio.1 set boot blousers. Boot polish. Rags. Iron. Starch.
Plus 2 mail accounts one for CAP official use and 1 for ordering CAP stuff. 1 GTM manuel.

BrandonKea

Wow, how do you carry all that around with you  ::)
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Hoorah

LtCol Hooligan

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 13, 2009, 06:44:40 PM
1.blues Uniform. 1 blues hats. 1 CAP binder with CAP paperwork and Aerospace etc  in it. 1 notebook with CAP paperwork and notes. 1 Cap wallet. C/AB Ranks. 1 BDU Hat.
1 pair of black dress shoes. Several Uniform socks. 1 pair of BDU boots. 1 24 hour pack coming to me in the mail.  1. CAP radio.1 set boot blousers. Boot polish. Rags. Iron. Starch.

Cadet Williams- are you leaving the program?  Don't forget that if you got the blues as part of the FCU program, you need to give them to the unit.  Also, if you checked any of those items out from the unit, they should be returned.  What comes around goes around.
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us

Hoorah

No just listing all the gear I have

Polecat

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 13, 2009, 06:44:40 PM
1 Blues Uniform. 1 Blues hats. 1 CAP binder with CAP paperwork and Aerospace etc  in it. 1 notebook with CAP paperwork and notes. 1 Cap wallet. C/AB Ranks. 1 BDU Hat.
Plus 2 mail accounts one for CAP official use and 1 for ordering CAP stuff. 1 GTM manuel.

That's not enough! haha. If I were to list all mine it would take the whole 4th page.

Eeyore

My problem is I can't bring myself to stop buying things. You'd think that once I had everything that was basically necessary for any activity I would be done. Nope, it's always time to upgrade or get new toys to play with. Oh well, the Mrs. is OK with it as long as it is limited to one closet.

Hoorah

Quote from: edmo1 on May 14, 2009, 06:31:56 AM
My problem is I can't bring myself to stop buying things. You'd think that once I had everything that was basically necessary for any activity I would be done. Nope, it's always time to upgrade or get new toys to play with. Oh well, the Mrs. is OK with it as long as it is limited to one closet.
Same here. I like to buy new toys even though I like the ones I have now.

t9000gs

Does she also want you to get rid of some of it? If yes they I am sure with encampment coming up we could use it