Main Menu

The end of "U.S. CAP"?

Started by Eagle400, October 06, 2007, 10:25:57 PM

With Pineda gone, will the name "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" go away?

Yes
39 (49.4%)
No
40 (50.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Psicorp

What I would really like to know is how Vanguard can stop making an authorized uniform item and start replacing it with the "here's my idea for a replacement" item before the ink is dry on the Interim Change Letter (which does expire).

And what happens to all these Interim Change Letters that don't make it to the regulations?   The stuff is still being produced and you can't get the previously (still currently) approved stuff from the "approved" source?

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

MIKE

Quote from: CAPR 5-4a. ICLs outlining immediate policies to be followed for a limited time will be issued with a stated expiration date. Such expiration dates shall not be more than 180 days from the date the letter was issued.
b. ICLs outlining immediate policies that are intended to become permanent shall be incorporated into an appropriate publication within 90 days of the date the letter was issued.
Mike Johnston

jeders

Quote from: MIKE on October 08, 2007, 03:09:05 PM
Quote from: CAPR 5-4a. ICLs outlining immediate policies to be followed for a limited time will be issued with a stated expiration date. Such expiration dates shall not be more than 180 days from the date the letter was issued.
b. ICLs outlining immediate policies that are intended to become permanent shall be incorporated into an appropriate publication within 90 days of the date the letter was issued.

By my understanding of that, almost all of the changes made by change letters have expired and aren't authorized?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Psicorp

That's what I was curious about, sir.    The last ICL was dated 10 July 2007.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

ELTHunter

Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

jb512

Quote from: Psicorp on October 08, 2007, 03:04:03 PM
What I would really like to know is how Vanguard can stop making an authorized uniform item and start replacing it with the "here's my idea for a replacement" item before the ink is dry on the Interim Change Letter (which does expire).

And what happens to all these Interim Change Letters that don't make it to the regulations?   The stuff is still being produced and you can't get the previously (still currently) approved stuff from the "approved" source?

There will be someone from national headquarters talking to VG and telling them what to produce, and what to stop producing.  That will carry over into what to sell and what not to sell.