encampment wake up times

Started by Cadet Bonnett, June 22, 2005, 01:03:45 AM

Cadet Bonnett

How is everyone doing. I am doif good. Just really really tired. Does anyone know what time you have to get up at encampment. PLease don't say 5:00am
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquí yo vengo.

whatevah

please, make the topic titles so people know what the post is about.  and "chat" topics about whatever aren't allowed, all posts should have something to do with CAP.

to answer the CAP-related question, wakeup times vary between 5:30am and 6:30am.  Often, it's staff at 5:45, and trainees at 6:00am, or something like that.  But, since you goto bed early (you can't stay up until midnight watching movies), it won't be that hard.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Schmidty06

Joint Dakota usually does 0430 for staff, 0500 for basics, and bed as soon as possible after all the stuff that needs to be done is done, supplemented by sleep marching and/or other napping means.

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: Schmidty06 on June 22, 2005, 04:16:16 AM
Joint Dakota usually does 0430 for staff, 0500 for basics, and bed as soon as possible after all the stuff that needs to be done is done, supplemented by sleep marching and/or other napping means.

Dare I ask what "sleep marching" is?
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

abysmal

Quote from: whatevah on June 22, 2005, 01:27:24 AM
"chat" topics about whatever aren't allowed, all posts should have something to do with CAP.

Is this a new policy on CAP Talk???

The Lobby
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board. Get to know one another, chat with other CAPers, and field topics not covered elsewhere.
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: abysmal on June 22, 2005, 11:00:29 PM
"chat" topics about whatever aren't allowed, all posts should have something to do with CAP.

The Lobby
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board. Get to know one another, chat with other CAPers, and field topics not covered elsewhere.

i may be a newie to this site but i agree with the person in which i have just quoted.
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: abysmal on June 22, 2005, 11:00:29 PM

The Lobby

First off, this isn't the lounge.  This is the Encampment/NCSA's thread.  Secondly, we are trying to keep this board based on CAP related topics.  Questions like "What is your favorite *insert category here*" should be kept to PM's and other forms of communication.  We're not discouraging discussion (we all know that we're welcoming any traffic on this site!), but we want to keep it based on CAP as much as possible. 

Second, if you have a problem with how we are moderating the boards, please take this up with a moderator or admin via PM. 

Finally, what I think Lt Horn is talking about is that we want posts that are guided towards a specific question and/or topic.  The more specific the better. 

Thanks for your opinion!

whatevah

somebody was a little cranky... *ducks*

yeah, it does say "chat with other CAPers", but hopefully it'll be a little more professional than what you hear at the local bus stop.  "yo, sup dude?" rather than "what did you think of your last meeting?".    the "code of conduct" on the forum does include the line...  "Members will only discuss matters on topic for the forum in which they are posting.  Members will not make blatantly off-topic posts or attempt to derail legitimate discussions. All topics must relate and be of interest to CAP members in a professional aspect."

That's mainly so we can delete or lock stuff that's mainly just for postcount boosting (like those annoying threads on CS), but the topics should have something to do with CAP not "how is everybody doing" (sorry Cheergirl).
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: whatevah on June 23, 2005, 09:59:47 PM
somebody was a little cranky... *ducks*

yeah, it does say "chat with other CAPers", but hopefully it'll be a little more professional than what you hear at the local bus stop.  "yo, sup dude?" rather than "what did you think of your last meeting?".    the "code of conduct" on the forum does include the line...  "Members will only discuss matters on topic for the forum in which they are posting.  Members will not make blatantly off-topic posts or attempt to derail legitimate discussions. All topics must relate and be of interest to CAP members in a professional aspect."

That's mainly so we can delete or lock stuff that's mainly just for postcount boosting (like those annoying threads on CS), but the topics should have something to do with CAP not "how is everybody doing" (sorry Cheergirl).

Cranky, schmanky...

Sorry if the post came off a bit trite, I didn't mean for it to be that way.  I was in trouble with my folks and worried about two other things, and you know how well all that goes together. 

I also didn't realize at the time that the thread was originally called, "How is Everybody Doing", which was what Lt Horn was originally referring to.  EDIT: I was also just told that the thread was originally in the lounge, and it was moved here with the changed name.  Wow, so much for communication between the mods.

My apologies...

abysmal

Then it would appear that everything is as it should be in "CAP Talk" Land and there have been no changes in board posting policy.
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

SAR junkie

come on now mods....COMMUNICATION is key in any organization...we know this  :P

*runs and hides in comm room*
C/MSgt Caliguiri
C/CC
Centenary Composite Squadron ~KY058~

search and rescue all the way!

Basically Regs

So, back to the original question; what time Do you have to wake up at encampment? Isn't 5 am a little early? I just know I have to be there by 5:30 am. So they must get up around then. I will be missing my orientation, so I am just wondering what to expect.

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: Basically Regs on July 06, 2005, 04:10:40 PM
So, back to the original question; what time Do you have to wake up at encampment? Isn't 5 am a little early? I just know I have to be there by 5:30 am. So they must get up around then. I will be missing my orientation, so I am just wondering what to expect.

It really depends on the wing.  And while you may thing that 0500 is early, just remember that staff is going to bed way after you and waking up way before you.  So don't complain. 

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: Cmdbuddy on July 06, 2005, 04:35:25 PM
Quote from: Basically Regs on July 06, 2005, 04:10:40 PM

It really depends on the wing.  And while you may thing that 0500 is early, just remember that staff is going to bed way after you and waking up way before you.  So don't complain. 
Cmbuddy is right... it really does depend on the wing. i am going to nh wing encampment and i have to wake up at 5:30....
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Xeno

Last year at the ARWG encampment the staff was up at 0545 and the regular cadets were up at 0600 . Lights out was at 2200. It wasn't bad unless you had to sit up on CQ (which I did on three seperate occasions).
C/1st Lt. Josh Sims
C/CC SWR-AR-095

121.5 -- If you crash, we will dash...

MIKE

Quote from: Basically Regs on July 06, 2005, 08:52:05 PM
What is CQ?

Charge of Quarters... The person(s) who is responsible a barracks area and for insuring that only authorized persons leave or enter a barracks area... Often used with or also referred to as Fire Watch... which gives the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
Mike Johnston

Basically Regs

Who usually does the fire watch?

MIKE

Quote from: Basically Regs on July 07, 2005, 03:05:50 PM

Cadets attending their basic encampment(s) ie: Non-staff cadets... You will usually be detailed by and report to a cadet staff member for fire watch or CQ.
Mike Johnston

Schmidty06

At most (heck, all) of the encampments and NCSAs that I've been to, a different flight is tasked with schedualing and handling CQ every night.  For example, night one of encampment is Alpha flight's night, so they'll have everyone pair up and choose a shift (2200-2300, 2300-2400, etc) and each CQ shift will wake up and brief the next one all night until 0500 when everyone wakes up.  Sometimes there will be two hour shifts, but it really just depends on how many people you have and how long you have to do CQ for.

Basically Regs

Ha, we didn't have to do fire watch. We did get up early though. A 16 hour day is a little too much for me. But I'm working on it.

Horn229

ROFL, I don't remember the last CAP activity where I 8hrs of sleep. I need to go to your encampment, all the activities I go to, I only get 3 - 6hrs of sleep. :)

Where are you from?
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

Basically Regs

only 3-6 hours of sleep? Were you on the staff? you'll have to email me if you want to know where I'm from.

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: Horn229 on July 18, 2005, 04:26:56 PM
ROFL, I don't remember the last CAP activity where I 8hrs of sleep. I need to go to your encampment, all the activities I go to, I only get 3 - 6hrs of sleep. :)

Where are you from?

Balloonies unite! (unite under little sleep, that is)

CAPRANGER

In regards to sleep, it all depends.  When I was a basic many moons ago, we were up at 0415.  Understand though, when I first did basic, that was allowed, in addition to pushups on the spot, bunks thrown out wndows, etc--the good old days!  I have been to 6 encampments now, and now we tend to do 5 am.  In regards to CQ it depends.  Last year I was the Squadron Commander for encampment, and I was responsible for making all the scheduling for CQ.  Basically, all I did was but 2 flights per night, and switch them on and off, A&D B&C etc.  Very random.  Well, I am going to get off so I can get back to work.

<Mod Edit: Removed the obvious lie in your signature>
//SIGNED//
JOSEPH S. GORGOGLIONE, A1C, USAF
USAF Command Post Controller
www.ctbrad.ang.af.mil
CAPSearchandRescue@gmail.com

Eclipse

Il Spring is usually 530-545 for staff, 0600 for basics, with a hard lights out at 2200 for basics and 2230 for everyone - if its not done by 2230, it waits until tomorrow.

As this is a weekend encampment, sleep deprivation becomes a safety issue on the ride home.

If you want to take a look at a typical IL Spring Schedule, it is online here:
http://group22.net/encampment/

BTW - I am >DYING< to know what the obvious lie was...

"That Others May Zoom"

whatevah

he signed his post as a C/COL... just one of many lies he was caught in.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

JaL5597

Quote from: CAPRANGER on December 03, 2005, 04:17:25 PM
In regards to sleep, it all depends.  When I was a basic many moons ago, we were up at 0415.  Understand though, when I first did basic, that was allowed, in addition to pushups on the spot, bunks thrown out wndows, etc--the good old days!  I have been to 6 encampments now, and now we tend to do 5 am.  In regards to CQ it depends.  Last year I was the Squadron Commander for encampment, and I was responsible for making all the scheduling for CQ.  Basically, all I did was but 2 flights per night, and switch them on and off, A&D B&C etc.  Very random.  Well, I am going to get off so I can get back to work.

<Mod Edit: Removed the obvious lie in your signature>

Hmm.  0415?  What encampment did you go to?  Somehow I don't think so.

When I did my basic we did not get up that early. 

If I am thinking of the encampment your talking about you must remember that there are things that occured there which never should of happened.  There is no way to justify those things, its just they should of never happened.

Marine Corps Gal

I woke up at 4:00 every morning (don't ask me why) even though we weren't officially gotten up until a very late 5:30.   ::)
OO-RAH.

Heather

CTWG wakes up at 0500  cadet staff...well female cadet staff...got up at around 0445. Lights out for basics was at 1900 and 2000 for staff...cadet staff.
C/TSgt. Bourne, Heather
GT3, CERT, Radio Comm. certified
399th Composite Squadron

Becks

Quote from: Heather on July 15, 2006, 07:03:26 PM
CTWG wakes up at 0500  cadet staff...well female cadet staff...got up at around 0445. Lights out for basics was at 1900 and 2000 for staff...cadet staff.

Lights out at 1900?? Its still light out in the summer until at least 2030 usually.  Hope the cadets had blinds in their rooms  :o   I seem to recall getting up at around 0445 when I went to encampment and lights out around 2200.  CQ wasn't bad, just rather boring, if I recall every flight did CQ since it was a rather large ANG base that we had pretty much all of for our encampment.

Edit: Spelling and more spelling

BBATW

MIKE

??? I think you mean CQ not CG. 
Mike Johnston

Becks

Haha thanks Sir, you caught my brain-fart :)

BBATW

Heather

Quote from: MIKE on July 07, 2005, 03:13:05 PM
Quote from: Basically Regs on July 07, 2005, 03:05:50 PM

Cadets attending their basic encampment(s) ie: Non-staff cadets... You will usually be detailed by and report to a cadet staff member for fire watch or CQ.

At CTWG Encampment basics usually do CQ but on the last real day...cadet staff does it. Sounds bad but depending on who you are with...it's actually pretty fun.
C/TSgt. Bourne, Heather
GT3, CERT, Radio Comm. certified
399th Composite Squadron

ZigZag911

Just as a matter of general interest, the traditional term expressing the hour of reveille in military time is 'oh-dark-thirty'!

shorning

Quote from: ZigZag911 on July 21, 2006, 05:59:59 PM
Just as a matter of general interest, the traditional term expressing the hour of reveille in military time is 'oh-dark-thirty'!

Pfftt...I'm usually at work two hours before then! ;)

mprokosch11

I leave for the NY Wing encampment tomorrow i will post on what time basics get up at.
C/Capt Matthew A. Prokosch, CAP
New York Wing
Utica Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-162)