Main Menu

Got my CFII

Started by flyguy06, July 24, 2007, 02:59:59 PM

flyguy06

I am a newly minted CFII as of last week. I am now working on my CFI-A. I did the CFII as my initial beasue thats how the school does it down here in Florida. I think that was a good idea. Less stufff on the oral to do.

My goal in CAP as a CFI is to train some of my cadets and hopefully get them their Private Pilots lisence. O-rides are nice but I think we cando much more than that and thats what I want to do.

Capt M. Sherrod

BZ, I'm sure your cadets will love the chance to learn how to fly.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Pace

Congrats!!  You're a smart man to start out with your double I.  I'm studying for mine now.

Good luck on your CFI add-on.
Lt Col, CAP

flyguy06

The school  Iattend makes you do the II first, but it does make a lot of sence. Good luck to you all. ANd thanks.

Went flying today in the 172RG practicing step spirals and power off 180 approaches. They are harder to do than i nthe Arrow where I did my commercial.

Pace

Just remember that a 172RG with gear down and power to idle comes down like a brick compared to other cessna models.  You almost have to turn straight towards your touchdown point as soon as you lose your engine, especially with a strong headwind on final.
Lt Col, CAP

av8

Maj. Michael Berlin, CAP
Stan/Eval Officer, NER-CT-071, Royal Charter Comp. Sq.
Instructor Pilot, Check Pilot, Check Pilot Examiner
Gold Seal, Master CFI-IA, MEI, AGI, IGI
FAA Eastern Regional CFI of the Year-2006

Pylon

Congratulations!  Bravo to you for also wanting to give back to CAP and cadets!

A round of applause is deserved indeed!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

flyguy06

Thank you. Now if I can only master steep spirals and Lazy 8's and short field landings from the right seat I will be set.

We have form 5's this weekend. Can I get checked out to be an Instructor pilot with my CFII or do I have to have the CFI-A also?

flyguy06

And I got the CFI-A add on last Monday. So now I can train cadets to get their ppl.

ZigZag911

Congratulation on both ratings!

Pace

Quote from: flyguy06 on August 11, 2007, 07:28:38 PM
And I got the CFI-A add on last Monday. So now I can train cadets to get their ppl.
Congrats and good luck!!  It really is rewarding to watch new student pilots go from no or very little flying experience to solo'ing confidently.  Just get ready to add two new phrases to your commonly uttered words:

"Right rudder."
"Watch your airspeed."
Lt Col, CAP

flyguy06

I just hope I know enugh to teach effectively. I dont feel any smarter than I did before I was a CFI. One of my squadron senior members came to me today asking about flying lessons to get his PPL. We will do it at a local military flying club that admits CAP members

Mustang

Quote from: dcpacemaker on August 12, 2007, 09:12:20 PM
Quote from: flyguy06 on August 11, 2007, 07:28:38 PM
Congrats and good luck!!  It really is rewarding to watch new student pilots go from no or very little flying experience to solo'ing confidently.  Just get ready to add two new phrases to your commonly uttered words:

"Right rudder."
"Watch your airspeed."

You forgot "hold it off..." lol
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

SJFedor

And "power.....power......POWER!!!"

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)