Son’s off to MIT, AFROTC Detachment 365

Started by xray328, July 12, 2018, 12:55:14 AM

xray328

Anyone else (or their kids) out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huey Driver

He's joining an awesome detachment! Det. 365 puts out some great leaders, and their cadre is top-notch as well. They are consistently ranked as one of the best detachments across the nation. I have a few friends there right now.

http://news.mit.edu/2017/mit-air-force-rotc-detachment-365-named-best-in-nation-0118
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Eclipse

Time to measure his room for that pool table!

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Why not rent the room out? Get back a little of the money you spend sending him to Cambridge.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Live2Learn

xray328

It's official...

PHall

Got into MIT, impressive!  They have, what, an 8% acceptance rate. Good job! :clap:

xray328

Yeah it's somewhere in the 7-8% range and thanks, we're very proud of him.  He's torn between aerospace engineering and applied math, good place to be for either. It's even better that he was able to get a Type 1 scholarship :)

Spam

Very nice, Shaun - congrats to you and the family!

Be sure to tell him to be careful standing like that on that uneven rocky outcropping.
We wouldn't want to break a leg or anything getting down would we (family hazard)!

:o

Cheers
Spam

Angus

Does your son plan to continue with CAP while doing AFROTC?  We've got a pretty darn good Squadron in Boston, if I do say so myself.  :)
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

NIN

Quote from: Angus on October 29, 2018, 05:20:45 PM
Does your son plan to continue with CAP while doing AFROTC?  We've got a pretty darn good Squadron in Boston, if I do say so myself.  :)

That you do.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.