Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 12:26:38 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: USAF embraces the Principle of Subsidiarity
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: USAF embraces the Principle of Subsidiarity  (Read 720 times)
Cicero
Forum Regular

« on: November 08, 2017, 05:13:11 PM »

AIR FORCE DIRECTIVE PUBLICATION REDUCTION
Secretary of the Air Force message (3 Aug 2017):

"The Air Force has too many directive publications. They are often outdated and inconsistent, breeding cynicism when Airmen feel they cannot possibly follow every written rule. They are sometimes too rigid, slowing adaptation and discouraging new ideas. The result is distraction and inefficiency - when we specify the trivial, we lose focus on the important. Over the next 24 months, we will systematically review, reduce, and clarify all Air Force directive publications. The men and women of the United States Air Force command history's most lethal force. Therefore, we trust you can make the right decisions based on our values, your training, the mission, and your experience. Where possible, instructions will allow commanders to exercise good judgment and waive requirements at the lowest appropriate level. The focus will be identifying best practices and concentrating on values, mission, and results.Ē

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/Air-Force-Directive-Publication-Reduction
BuckeyeDEJ
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: GLR-001

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 07:57:02 PM »

Well, now.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group and wing PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member, at region level now
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now in marketing.
A.Member

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:09:05 PM »

Yes, somewhat old "news" but... :clap:
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci
etodd

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 09:40:58 PM »

"24 months"

Would be interesting to see how much headway is actually made at that time. Maybe someone in the know will report on it.
MS - MO - AP - MP
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 10:04:11 PM »

((*cough*))"Paperwork Reduction Act" ((*cough*))

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:17:48 PM »

"24 months"

Would be interesting to see how much headway is actually made at that time. Maybe someone in the know will report on it.

Headquarters USAF has a paid staff. They'll get it done. May not be what the boss had in mind, But it will be done.
Jester
Seasoned Member

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 12:50:21 AM »

Iíll believe that when I see it. I remember a decade ago, a CSAF touting a reduction of CBTs to 90 minutes annually. Iím willing to bet itís increased noticeably.
PHall

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 01:03:23 AM »

Iíll believe that when I see it. I remember a decade ago, a CSAF touting a reduction of CBTs to 90 minutes annually. Iím willing to bet itís increased noticeably.

In 1992 or so HQ AFRC "discovered" that there were more hours of "required" training then there were hours in the 12 Unit Training Assemblies in a year.
They "fixed" the problem, for a while... But the requirements have grown back, like a fungus! ::)
Cicero
Forum Regular

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 12:40:19 PM »

In 1992 or so HQ AFRC "discovered" that there were more hours of "required" training then there were hours in the 12 Unit Training Assemblies in a year.
They "fixed" the problem, for a while... But the requirements have grown back, like a fungus! ::)

Much like the CBT CE in my world. Just finished 8 classes that repeat what I took last year (and the year before and the year before and....)
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: USAF embraces the Principle of Subsidiarity