Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 11:24:40 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Zippered neck thermals
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Zippered neck thermals  (Read 556 times)
xray328
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: IL-189

« on: October 25, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »

Would anyone have an issue with a cadet wearing this under their ABU's?  My concern is the zippered neck.   The ABU wear instructions mentions thermals being ok, but I just wanted your thoughts.

https://www.amazon.com/TRU-SPEC-GenIII-ECWCS-Layer-Midweight/dp/B0062NIPLA?th=1
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 02:50:03 PM »

Anyone?  Probably.

Anyone with a clue?  No.

Members have been wearing those kinds of things for ages, under BDUs, flightsuits, even golf shirts.

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Jester
Seasoned Member

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 02:51:00 PM »

I always zipped them down low enough they wouldn’t be seen through the ABU collar and folded the thermal collar inwards.

If it’s the  uniform one and someone actually brings it up as an issue though, frankly they need to go find something better to do.
County
Recruit

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 03:36:06 PM »

I personally wouldn't care. Taking care of your people is a lost art should be priority one. If anyone has an issue with this they need not be working with cadets. Just my opinion. 
TSgt
xray328
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: IL-189

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 10:19:17 PM »

Thanks, just thought I’d check before buying it.

Good reference for winter wear and the ABU’s here:

https://sites.google.com/a/capboise.org/civil-air-patrol-in-boise/resources/uniforms/abu-jackets

Obviously there’s some “unauthorized items” there but I think it makes good sense in the spirit of keeping the cadets safe. Disregard the improvised Velcro tabs on the fleece, Vanguard has you covered there (finally).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Panther
Recruit

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 11:15:58 PM »

No one with common sense should have an issue with someone dressing appropriately for the weather. However (hopefully obviously) something like that which is synthetic shouldn't be worn with flight gear.
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Zippered neck thermals