Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 09:07:40 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Emergency Services & Operations  |  Topic: ES Training Opportunity for SER Wings
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: ES Training Opportunity for SER Wings  (Read 1048 times)
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 11:41:05 PM »

IF ... the person has been studying the task guides ahead of time (as I assume they should even for WESS) then the classroom time is review and explaining things not understood and practicing using maps, etc.. I could teach a prepared and interested member in one day and then give him two eval sorties the next day.

+1 - It's not rocket science - no question there's a lot to it, but a prepared and determined person,
especially an adult, could certainly do it in a weekend.

First aid is the sticking point, since that has to be at least 4 hours, so I'll grant that, but Comms is a 15 minute online
test and a 15 minute practical.

Prepared is the key - take a cadet from "never been off concrete" to "GTM3" in a weekend?  Not likely,
but an adult, not really a big deal.  It'll be a long weekend, but it's doable.

Observer?  In a full weekend?  Not even a challenge. About 1/2 the tasks are "discussions",
and the others could easily be completed in a couple of flights.  This is especially
true if the member is a pilot.

And for the record, it's two sorties, not two missions.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:45:36 PM by Eclipse » Logged

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Emergency Services & Operations  |  Topic: ES Training Opportunity for SER Wings