Encampment Ribbon for non-CAP Encampment

Started by jeders, October 16, 2017, 03:06:13 PM

jeders

I've got a cadet who earned his encampment credit for a JROTC summer leadership school. The question is, is he eligible for the encampment ribbon or not. 39-3 just says completion of an encampment; so it doesn't say it has to be a CAP encampment, but it also doesn't say that it is awarded merely for encampment credit.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Jester

I had a cadet get encampment credit for a Sea Cadets course, so I asked the question through the knowledgebase.  The reply I got:

"Completing a CAP encampment garners the CAP encampment ribbon. Completing an program that CAP/CP has determined to be equivalent satisfies the Mitchell Award's encampment requirement but does not garner the CAP encampment ribbon."

jeders

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Abby.L

Quote from: Jester on October 16, 2017, 03:12:50 PM
I had a cadet get encampment credit for a Sea Cadets course, so I asked the question through the knowledgebase.  The reply I got:

"Completing a CAP encampment garners the CAP encampment ribbon. Completing an program that CAP/CP has determined to be equivalent satisfies the Mitchell Award's encampment requirement but does not garner the CAP encampment ribbon."

Not going to lie, but that would actually be really weird to see a C/2ndLt+ without an encampment ribbon.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Levi Lockling on October 17, 2017, 06:49:18 AM

Not going to lie, but that would actually be really weird to see a C/2ndLt+ without an encampment ribbon.

S/he can still get one. Just go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

LATORRECA

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on October 18, 2017, 11:19:11 AM
Quote from: Levi Lockling on October 17, 2017, 06:49:18 AM

S/he can still get one. Just go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great Post. I was wondering about this.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk