Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 11:26:10 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Encampment Ribbon for non-CAP Encampment
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Encampment Ribbon for non-CAP Encampment  (Read 883 times)
jeders
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« on: October 16, 2017, 11:06:13 AM »

I've got a cadet who earned his encampment credit for a JROTC summer leadership school. The question is, is he eligible for the encampment ribbon or not. 39-3 just says completion of an encampment; so it doesn't say it has to be a CAP encampment, but it also doesn't say that it is awarded merely for encampment credit.

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse
Jester
Seasoned Member

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:12:50 AM »

I had a cadet get encampment credit for a Sea Cadets course, so I asked the question through the knowledgebase.  The reply I got:

"Completing a CAP encampment garners the CAP encampment ribbon. Completing an program that CAP/CP has determined to be equivalent satisfies the Mitchell Award’s encampment requirement but does not garner the CAP encampment ribbon."
jeders

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 11:26:24 AM »

That's what I needed, thank you.

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse
Levi Lockling
Seasoned Member

Unit: AZ-085

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 02:49:18 AM »

I had a cadet get encampment credit for a Sea Cadets course, so I asked the question through the knowledgebase.  The reply I got:

"Completing a CAP encampment garners the CAP encampment ribbon. Completing an program that CAP/CP has determined to be equivalent satisfies the Mitchell Award’s encampment requirement but does not garner the CAP encampment ribbon."

Not going to lie, but that would actually be really weird to see a C/2ndLt+ without an encampment ribbon.
1stLt Levi H. Lockling
SrA, USAF, 1A851J, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013
Mitchell 1969

Unit: PCR-CA-051

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 07:19:11 AM »

Not going to lie, but that would actually be really weird to see a C/2ndLt+ without an encampment ribbon.

S/he can still get one. Just go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.
LATORRECA
Forum Regular

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 02:06:57 PM »

S/he can still get one. Just go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great Post. I was wondering about this.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Encampment Ribbon for non-CAP Encampment