No more Airman's Attic access in some areas

Started by Eclipse, July 12, 2017, 11:10:43 PM

stillamarine

Quote from: Eclipse on July 17, 2017, 03:39:37 PM

From the time where CAP members were hanging I-Vs in the field to today's reality, you can blame bad behavior / poor leadership / lack of ramifications
for the state of CAP today.

This. Times 1000
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

sardak

This was posted recently in a nearby base's "Commander's Action Line."
-------------
Concern:

I've been a contractor for 5 years, serving in the 007th Wing. Hopefully, I will get to join next year. I have donated many items to the airman's attic. SO many times!! Then recently I was told that I'm banned from using and donating to the airmen's attic because I'm a contractor. As command support staff, I think it's unfair that I'm able to donate many items, which I'm happy to do and embarrassingly denied a week later because I have a green strip on my CAC.

Response:

Thank you for sharing your experience and concern. We appreciate your generous donations, and all donations, to the [Airman's] Attic.

The purpose of the [Airman's] Attic is to support active duty personnel and their families that may be without household items or clothing due to the transient nature of being an active duty military family, with a specific focus on our lower ranking enlisted members (E1-E4) and their dependents. Anyone with access to the installation is permitted to donate items to the [Airman's] Attic. If one of our [Airman's] Attic volunteers did not accept your donations it was in error, and further training may be needed to prevent a recurring problem. Our leadership team is following up now to ensure we correct our processes, as required.

Again, thank you. Useful feedback enables us to improve our processes and ensure all members of Team [base name] receive the services and support our fantastic Airmen are capable of providing.

Sincerely,
Col. Base Commander
Commander, 007th Wing
-----------
And from an associated post:
The attic, which is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., is now holding all-ranks day every Friday, and is even opening once a month on a Saturday.

"Here, we are in a unique situation where we don't have a large military population so the attic isn't getting utilized," [attic manager] said. "That's why we open it to all ranks on Fridays to try and get the inventory moving."

The attic offers Team BaseName members a place to find all types of goods. From children's clothes and toys, to furniture, to uniforms, the attic is a place to find free gently used goods.
---------
Mike