Main Menu

Beards

Started by jimmy73, June 26, 2017, 08:00:40 PM

jimmy73

when I was In CAP before Beards could b worn with the corporate uniforms, Bllu flight suits and blue feild uniforms is this still true?

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmy73

LATORRECA

Be all you want to be. Beard or not.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

jimmy73

Майор Хаткевич

Had a "beard". 3 weeks in I looked homeless. No longer have a beard. Will repeat in 6 months or so again.

chuckmilam

I made the mistake of thinking "I'll just grow a beard, it'll be easier than shaving every day!" 

Nope.  Now I have 2-3 different beard trimmers and obsess over symmetry and whatnot.  Ugh.  I went high-maintenance by trying to be low-maintenance.  Oh, and I still have to shave almost every day thanks to some stupid random hairs that grow high on my cheeks.  Ugh.   

SarDragon

I have had a beard for much of my life, including about 10 years of my time in the Navy. What Chuck is spot on. It takes longer to do  facial maintenance with the beard than simply shaving every morning.

Fortunately, since my appearance was less critical once I left the Navy, and my beard didn't give a horrible 5-o'clock shadow, I can let the shaving part go until every other day. These days, I've taken to buzzing down shaved areas with the trimmer at the lowest setting, and getting a very short Don Johnson/Miami Vice look. My face loves me.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

darkmatter

Best thing about being a senior member is corporate casual uniforms and not having to shave I just leave it trimmed