Cadence

Started by abysmal, May 12, 2005, 04:45:16 AM

abysmal

So, what are some of the all time favorite Cadet Cadence Calls??

2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Pylon

Quote from: abysmal
So, what are some of the all time favorite Cadet Cadence Calls??

Irene, Irene.
One by one
C-130
I've Got a Date with the General's Daughter
Little Bird, with a Little Bill
Hello, Hello Infantry

...and other Children's Classics.  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Greg

I can't stand Irene.  Not only is it sick and perverted, but it is not exactly the kind of talk we should be encouraging at CAP activities.

My personal favorites are little bird and one by one.
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

dwb

Quote from: Pylon on May 12, 2005, 06:13:01 AMI've Got a Date with the General's Daughter

I forgot about that one!  I believe it's formal name is "Hut, Two, Three and a Quarter", but I could be mistaken.  Glorious Victorious was always a favorite, too.

Most of the jodies I like are dirty.  I don't sing them anymore, though.

To give you an idea for how encampment in NY has changed... at my first encampment, the whole cadet corps sang the "SP" cadence (up jumped the SP from the coconut grove...)  It was a blast.  I was 13.

At the last encampment I went to, any jodie that was even remotely suggestive was frowned upon.  I agree that SP is inappropriate, but some of the others are just low-brow fun.

Still, probably inappropriate for 12-year-old cadets. :(

Irene was funny the first 700 times I heard it.  It's just a tired old cliché now.  Four Winds is another fav; good, AF-centric, and "G" rated.

Yoda

I loved Irene, mainly because we weren't allowed to sing it.  "Allowed" being the key word there. :P

Actually, one of the most common ones I use is Old King Cole, but we don't sing many jodies anymore.  Hopefully that will change soon. 

arajca

Back in the day, we used tv theme songs. Gilligan's Island, Brady Bunch, Duke of Hazard, etc.

Pace

Irene, Irene
Glorious Victorious
Baby Seals
Napalm
Air Force song (it's a jodie, not the actual Air Force song)
Lt Col, CAP

abysmal

Interesting compilation that is developing.

MIKE

The Yogi Bear one is popular at my unit.
Mike Johnston

Xeno

I always liked "A-10 Pilots." It's sometimes frowned upon as it involves violence. But seriously, who here doesn't like bombing communists?
C/1st Lt. Josh Sims
C/CC SWR-AR-095

121.5 -- If you crash, we will dash...

abysmal

Quote from: Xeno on May 24, 2005, 04:23:14 AM
I always liked "A-10 Pilots." It's sometimes frowned upon as it involves violence. But seriously, who here doesn't like bombing communists?

In the good ol'e days they were all over the place.
Nowadays they are getting harder and harder to come by...

Pylon

Quote from: abysmal on May 24, 2005, 02:42:46 PM
Quote from: Xeno on May 24, 2005, 04:23:14 AM

In the good ol'e days they were all over the place.
Nowadays they are getting harder and harder to come by...

You have to look in Alaska.   ;)

Westernslope

Quote from: arajca on May 12, 2005, 04:01:04 PM
Back in the day, we used tv theme songs. Gilligan's Island, Brady Bunch, Duke of Hazard, etc.

You made realize just how long ago I first entered the CAP world.  <grin>

In my day, the flights were separated in male and female flights for encampments. The female flights sang songs like "If I had a Hammer" "Lemon Tree" "Puff the Magic Dragon" and other "hippy" folk songs. The male flights sang songs like "You've Lost that Living Feeling" "Yellow Submarine" "Satisfaction" and Beach Boy hits.

At a COWG encampment several yrs ago a c/flight commander taught his flight a bunch of WWII marching songs from different countries and in different languages.

fronzz

Quote from: Cadetofthe60s on June 17, 2005, 04:47:16 PM
Quote from: arajca on May 12, 2005, 04:01:04 PM

In my day, the flights were separated in male and female flights for encampments. The female flights sang songs like "If I had a Hammer" "Lemon Tree" "Puff the Magic Dragon" and other "hippy" folk songs. The male flights sang songs like "You've Lost that Living Feeling" "Yellow Submarine" "Satisfaction" and Beach Boy hits.

At a COWG encampment several yrs ago a c/flight commander taught his flight a bunch of WWII marching songs from different countries and in different languages.

Really!  The language wouldn't bother me so much it is the knowing what he is saying i wouldn't like.
C/Amn Peter Hibma
CAP

Pylon

Quote from: Cadetofthe60s

Quote from: arajca

Very cool.  Those are some worthwhile cadences to learn - great music.  :)  I'm surprised they haven't come around again.

Quote from: fronzzReally!  The language wouldn't bother me so much it is the knowing what he is saying i wouldn't like.

What?   ???

abysmal

I seem to recall a whole lot more BLOOD and GUTS in our cadet cadiences....

Westernslope

I learned today that this cadet has since recieved his Spaatz and also an appointment to the USAFA.  :)

Westernslope

Quote from: abysmal on June 17, 2005, 07:28:57 PM
I seem to recall a whole lot more BLOOD and GUTS in our cadet cadiences....

Oh, we had those too.  It was during the Viet Nam era and our squadron motto was that "we are combat ready"  In retrospect, it must have been strange seeing a bunch of kids from CAP in formation yelling that we were combat ready.  Yep, times were different.

Schmidty06

I like this one that I've learned but try to refrain from using very often.  The language can be considered a bit harsh or offensive to "hypersensitive" cadets.

Searching through the fields
Marching through the grass
Ground Teams, everywhere
Looking for your ass
Hidy Hidy, who the hell are we?
Zim-zam*, Uncle Sam
We're from CAP

*was edited to avoid posting the lord's name in vain on the internet

I like it, it has a nice flow to it, and after a little creative editing it actually isn't that bad.

BillB

One cadence from years ago was:

What do you do in the CAP
You March, You March, You March
What do you do in the CAP
We never ever Fly
What do you do in the CAP if you're never in the Sky
We sit and sweat by the taxi strip and watch the planes go by
Go to your left, right left    etc.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104