Do I need to submit a CAPF24, or is it all done on E-services now?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, May 16, 2016, 04:59:03 PM

Майор Хаткевич

I have my CAPF24 filled out. Might as well shove it in the file. But looking at E-services, as soon as CLC clears, it can be just clicked off there, right?

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

I recommend you ask your wing what their requirements are. While everything can be done in eServices, some wings want supporting documentation for Level III and above. They may or may not want a CAPF 24 to go with the rest of the package.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Storm Chaser on May 16, 2016, 05:36:43 PM
I recommend you ask your wing what their requirements are. While everything can be done in eServices, some wings want supporting documentation for Level III and above. They may or may not want a CAPF 24 to go with the rest of the package.

Since my CAPF2 is pending the CAPF24, all the docs are ready for tomorrow to be submitted anyway.

JeffDG

There are items in L3+ that cannot be substantiated in eServices, like Conference Attendance.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: JeffDG on May 16, 2016, 06:14:44 PM
There are items in L3+ that cannot be substantiated in eServices, like Conference Attendance.

Very true. but they CAN be entered. Just not substantiated.

JeffDG

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on May 16, 2016, 06:29:55 PM

Which is silly, IMHO.  eServices has a very capable system already in place to upload and attach documents.  It should be enabled for things like this.

Spaceman3750

Conference attendance is now apparently being tracked in eServices. I think one of mine needs to be back-entered by NHQ.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 16, 2016, 06:39:40 PM

Conference attendance is now apparently being tracked in eServices. I think one of mine needs to be back-entered by NHQ.

I had one in the system, probably put in by wing PDO. Second out of state I just entered myself as I have the PDO privileges.

lordmonar

Quote from: JeffDG on May 16, 2016, 06:36:45 PM

Which is silly, IMHO.  eServices has a very capable system already in place to upload and attach documents.  It should be enabled for things like this.
What is silly....that EServices does not have a way of tracking conference attendance.....or that we have a conference attendance requirment?   :)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: lordmonar on May 16, 2016, 09:52:41 PM
Quote from: JeffDG on May 16, 2016, 06:36:45 PM

What is silly....that EServices does not have a way of tracking conference attendance.....or that we have a conference attendance requirment?   :)
That eServices does not have a method for you to upload evidence of completion of things like conference attendance, while you can do precisely the same thing in other areas.

So, now, you submit your L3 online, and it gets to Wing, and Wing/PD has to ask you to submit evidence of completion and bounce e-mails between unit-group-wing-member to get evidence that could just as easily have been uploaded at time of submission.

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Gather docs. Scan to PDF. Submit electronic at same time as eservices.

MSG Mac

You can submit conferences under PD. Assuming every requirement is documented go with the electronic version.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

JeffDG

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on May 17, 2016, 12:00:06 AM
Gather docs. Scan to PDF. Submit electronic at same time as eservices.
The point I'm making is:

eServices has the ability to attach uploaded documents with submissions.  They use it in OpsQuals all the time, along with the new CAPF 120 module.  Why not provide the functionality with the PD module too?  Keep everything together in one place.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: MSG Mac on May 17, 2016, 12:16:05 AM
You can submit conferences under PD. Assuming every requirement is documented go with the electronic version.

I only saw where I can type it in, but not attach anything.

EMT-83

Quote from: lordmonar on May 16, 2016, 09:52:41 PMWhat is silly....that EServices does not have a way of tracking conference attendance.....or that we have a conference attendance requirment?   :)

Yes

JeffDG

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on May 17, 2016, 01:04:25 AM
Quote from: MSG Mac on May 17, 2016, 12:16:05 AM

I only saw where I can type it in, but not attach anything.
Correct.

CAPNHQ, in their infinite and unquestionable wisdom, has not provided upload capability to this module that so desperately needs it.