Blue Service Jacket?

Started by Agent_ND, May 11, 2016, 01:19:23 PM

Agent_ND

I am about to become an officer, so I will need to get a new blues jacket as I am in the New Hampshire Wing Honor Guard. I have looked everywhere to find one, but can't. I've looked on Vanguard, at Hanscom AFB (Where my father works), asked people from my squadron, everywhere. I got the one I have now from my cadet commander, who is a friend of mine (Even though he's a 1st Lieutenant I still mess around with him at meetings ;D ;) >:D ) but it's for an NCO. Please help!!!  :'(
C/2d Lt (Mitchell Award Number 66681)
Flight Commander/Deputy Commander
NER-NH-053
NH/VT Wings Encampment:
  2015: Alpha Flight Sergeant Basic Encampment
  2016: Bravo Flight Commander Basic Encampment

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Agent_ND on May 11, 2016, 01:19:23 PM
I am about to become an officer, so I will need to get a new blues jacket as I am in the New Hampshire Wing Honor Guard. I have looked everywhere to find one, but can't. I've looked on Vanguard, at Hanscom AFB (Where my father works), asked people from my squadron, everywhere. I got the one I have now from my cadet commander, who is a friend of mine (Even though he's a 1st Lieutenant I still mess around with him at meetings ;D ;) >:D ) but it's for an NCO. Please help!!!  :'(

I am about to become an cadet officer

FTFY

Is your father Air Force or civilian, and are you looking for used only or would you consider new?

stillamarine

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on May 11, 2016, 01:32:41 PM

FTFY

Is your father Air Force or civilian, and are you looking for used only or would you consider new?

I'm about to become a cadet officer.

FTFY.

;D ;D ;D

Ebay. I got mine at a thrift store. $15 only had to raise the sleeves up a lil bit and get the braid sewn on.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

jeders

I am about to become an officer, so I will need to get a new blues jacket as I am in the New Hampshire Wing Honor Guard...

Wait...you're a cadet NCO and you are about to be a cadet officer, correct? Then why do you need a new jacket? Have you outgrown your current jacket? Do cadet officers in the NH honor guard wear different jackets from cadet NCOs?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

HGjunkie

Quote from: jeders on May 11, 2016, 02:21:56 PM
I am about to become an officer, so I will need to get a new blues jacket as I am in the New Hampshire Wing Honor Guard...

Wait...you're a cadet NCO and you are about to be a cadet officer, correct? Then why do you need a new jacket? Have you outgrown your current jacket? Do cadet officers in the NH honor guard wear different jackets from cadet NCOs?

It's probably so he'll have a better way to attach the shoulder boards.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

abdsp51

Maybe we need to look at redesigning the service dress shoulder boards..

kwe1009

Quote from: abdsp51 on May 11, 2016, 02:44:26 PM

I agree with that.

In the mean time it is not too difficult to stitch the velcro on the shoulders.  It just need a couple of stitches in the corners and you are good to go.  No need to purchase another jacket.

THRAWN

Why? That whole Idi Amin/First Grand Sea Marshal look is...nah...you're right.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: stillamarine on May 11, 2016, 02:15:04 PM

FTFY

I'm about to become a cadet officer.

FTFY.

;D ;D ;D

You got me!  :-[  ;)

Agent_ND

FTFY

Yeah, a cadet officer. Well, he was Air Force, and he's still employed by the DoD, (Working in the AFB Fire Department). He's no longer enlisted though. I'm just looking for one that looks good enough to use in Honor Guard.
NER-NH-053
NH/VT Wings Encampment:

Agent_ND

Well I need the shoulder boards. My Cadet Commander said I should probably get a new jacket.
NER-NH-053
NH/VT Wings Encampment:

Agent_ND

Quote from: HGjunkie on May 11, 2016, 02:27:34 PM

It's probably so he'll have a better way to attach the shoulder boards.
Exactly.
NER-NH-053
NH/VT Wings Encampment:

Agent_ND

Quote from: kwe1009 on May 11, 2016, 03:37:06 PM

I agree with that.

In the mean time it is not too difficult to stitch the velcro on the shoulders.  It just need a couple of stitches in the corners and you are good to go.  No need to purchase another jacket.
Yeah I guess I could do that.
NER-NH-053
NH/VT Wings Encampment: