Main Menu

Hi everybody

Started by vforvendetta, March 04, 2016, 10:40:45 PM

vforvendetta

Hello everybody i am new here and looking for super good pals i am so happy i found a great place for civil air patrol members to talk, could i get any tips please on how to be the best civil air patrol member i can be. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pace

Quote from: vforvendetta on March 04, 2016, 10:40:45 PM
Hello everybody i am new here and looking for super good pals i am so happy i found a great place for civil air patrol members to talk, could i get any tips please on how to be the best civil air patrol member i can be. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Circumventing the ban filter will not make you friends, but harassing the mods and hacking around the ban will get a letter sent to your commander, Mr. Collier
Lt Col, CAP

LSThiker

Quote from: Pace on March 04, 2016, 11:26:33 PM
Circumventing the ban filter will not make you friends, but harassing the mods and hacking around the ban will get a letter sent to your commander, Mr. Collier

Well that got interesting pretty quickly Mr. Slimshady. 

MSG Mac

Play nice, check the applicable Regulations, Manuals, or Pamphlets before asking a question that can be answered by reading them. Otherwise you will be referred back to them. 
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Pace

Hey bud, if you're going to hack someone's computer, make sure you have the right person.
Lt Col, CAP

Fubar

Quote from: Pace on March 05, 2016, 12:15:11 AM
Hey bud, if you're going to hack someone's computer, make sure you have the right person.

I am so confused.

Pace

Slim ran his mouth right into a ban, then hacked his way around the ban to create a new account and start this thread. Then I get a message from another member that slim is hacking his computer, email, and twitter. Maybe it's another one of slim's accounts. Maybe not. Don't know. I do know that when I get time, I'm tempted to send slim's squadron, group, and wing commander a letter. This young man has gone way beyond any kind of behavior that is acceptable from a CAP adult member.
Lt Col, CAP

CAPDCCMOM

I some times don't know if I am in Preschool or High School...Wait I'm on CAP Talk  >:D

raivo

Well, that escalated quickly.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Майор Хаткевич

Yea...I'm missing something on the back story.

USACAP

That is a REAL human and not a troll account?
I just assumed that was a bored person trolling.
Interesting.
Did you poll the "stolen valor" websites for said individual?

Quote from: Pace on March 05, 2016, 03:47:55 AM
Slim ran his mouth right into a ban, then hacked his way around the ban to create a new account and start this thread. Then I get a message from another member that slim is hacking his computer, email, and twitter. Maybe it's another one of slim's accounts. Maybe not. Don't know. I do know that when I get time, I'm tempted to send slim's squadron, group, and wing commander a letter. This young man has gone way beyond any kind of behavior that is acceptable from a CAP adult member.

Garibaldi

/delurk

I knew something was wrong with that person. The questions he posed and the comments he made really set off my troll alarm. Someone who wants to get a job with NHQ to effect change? Come on.

Then this thread, and the fact that he was hacking into accounts sealed the deal. He's pathological, definitely someone you don't want in CAP, especially not as an Officer.

I think Pace is right, that he should send a note to the person's commander.

/lurk
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Майор Хаткевич

"Hacking" sounds like.

Fubar

Attempting to gain unlawful access to a computer system is a criminal activity. If this kid really is "hacking" computers, the local authorities should be contacted.

foo

Quote from: Fubar on March 07, 2016, 04:05:35 AM
Attempting to gain unlawful access to a computer system is a criminal activity. If this kid really is "hacking" computers, the local authorities should be contacted.

I know I'm old school, but what you described used to be called "cracking," and computer hacking wasn't an inherently bad thing. In any event I concur with your post.

jeders

I go away to one weekend CAP activity and miss all the fun.  ;D
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: jeders on March 07, 2016, 02:02:27 PM

Nah, seems like it was a very quick flare up here.

Garibaldi

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 07, 2016, 04:14:09 PM

There may have been a ramp-up
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Garibaldi on March 07, 2016, 05:00:48 PM
Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 07, 2016, 04:14:09 PM

There may have been a ramp-up

Probably, but not directly on CT.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: neummy on March 07, 2016, 01:43:38 PM
Quote from: Fubar on March 07, 2016, 04:05:35 AM

I know I'm old school, but what you described used to be called "cracking," and computer hacking wasn't an inherently bad thing. In any event I concur with your post.

That was until "cracking" became the art of breaking DRM protected files/programs. Unfortunately, "hackers" lost the battle to keep the name, resulting in a new type of certification that has added the adjective "ethical" to hacker as a method of differentiation.

Personally, I prefer the nice and simple terminology of "Black Hat," "White Hat," and "Grey Hat."