Main Menu

ABU Wear Test

Started by winterg, December 11, 2015, 05:44:27 PM

winterg

I almost hate to bring this up, but...

Chaplain Miner posted this pic on Facebook that porports to show the MER and NER region commanders wear testing ABUs today in Washington for Wreaths Across America.

Anyone else have information on this? I'm sure there are plenty of comments!

Edited for location.

Storm Chaser

Wouldn't any official test wear be announced by NHQ in the CAP website or eServices?

winterg

I would think there would be SOME type of notice somewhere.

goblin

kwe1009

What is the point of wear testing a uniform that has been in use for almost 10 years?  Are cadets going to be harder on this uniform than flight line mechanics?

I really hope we don't go to ABU's.  They are expensive and uncomfortable.  For the people complaining today about how hard it is to find BDUs (a uniform worn by all services for over 20 years), how easy do you think it will be to find ABUs and at a decent cost?

A.Member

"Wear testing" but they can't even get matching color boots?  Hmmm...
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

winterg

We might as well commence the ABU rodeo. We haven't had one here in a while. Lol

I would even happily give up my beret if it meant CAP dropped all patches when switching to ABU. Rank, tapes, & badges only. 

Toad1168

I do like the look.  Especially the navy on the insignia.  I would like to see that adopted over the ultramarine.
Toad

goblin

Quote from: winterg on December 11, 2015, 06:16:58 PM
We might as well commence the ABU rodeo. We haven't had one here in a while. Lol

I would even happily give up my beret if it meant CAP dropped all patches when switching to ABU. Rank, tapes, & badges only.

Or you could just give it up regardless.

Nobody is happy with the lack of patches. It's on the the ABUs biggest complaints.

winterg

Why shouldn't I get something I want to give it up? :)

NCRblues

Odd, something seems off with this.

If it is official, why in DC? Are we not required by regulation to have on dress blues in the DC area for official function?

If it's not official, what is CAP going to do about 2 region CC's going rouge?

(I also enjoy the double standards of captalk though. If those people had anything less than full birds on the collars this place would be going nuts destroying the people)
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

MisterCD

There is no current wear testing, and this is apparently something unique, although why I know not. As someone currently on the NUC, this post has me a bit blindsided. 

goblin

winterg

Well, this just got interesting. 

Toad1168

Quote from: NCRblues on December 11, 2015, 06:24:41 PM
Odd, something seems off with this.

If it is official, why in DC? Are we not required by regulation to have on dress blues in the DC area for official function?

If it's not official, what is CAP going to do about 2 region CC's going rouge?

(I also enjoy the double standards of captalk though. If those people had anything less than full birds on the collars this place would be going nuts destroying the people)

I have seen the placement of the wreaths in Arlington done in BDUs.  Special circumstance maybe?
Toad

Garibaldi

This is an old picture. One had been floating around with the national chaplain or something wearing ABUs with CAP insignia. I think it was like 4 or 5 years ago.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

SMWOG

Propper makes ABUs so Vanguard could supply them. ABU boots are expensive,maybe VG could come up with a low cost boot.

winterg

Quote from: Garibaldi on December 11, 2015, 06:44:13 PM
This is an old picture. One had been floating around with the national chaplain or something wearing ABUs with CAP insignia. I think it was like 4 or 5 years ago.
The metadata on the photo suggests it was taken today.

Not saying it was, just that is what it says. 

lordmonar

Quote from: kwe1009 on December 11, 2015, 06:16:42 PM
What is the point of wear testing a uniform that has been in use for almost 10 years?  Are cadets going to be harder on this uniform than flight line mechanics?

I really hope we don't go to ABU's.  They are expensive and uncomfortable.  For the people complaining today about how hard it is to find BDUs (a uniform worn by all services for over 20 years), how easy do you think it will be to find ABUs and at a decent cost?
i got access to hundreds of them right now out of the Airman's attic at Nellis. So good shape and free is a decent price.

And the point of wear testing may be to show out USAF brethren that they won't took like ass.   

As for announcement.    Whey tell the world?   It will just mean some cadet will think it means him and he will show up at the next meeting in ABUs. 
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SMWOG

ROTC detachments have already attempted to donate used ABUs to local CAP units. I have been told that ABUs hold up better in regards to washing  and fading compared to BDUs.