Main Menu

Designing CAP websites

Started by Eaker Guy, May 18, 2015, 01:03:08 PM

Eaker Guy

Hello all!

I recently posted a question in cadet programs, and since so many of you helped me out, I thought I'd try it again.

My squadron is "updating," and we have a cadet who is very gifted with website creation and management. He's created a prototype website, but my DCC told me that we can't publish it until we make sure it follows regs. I've done my best to find regulations that guide website development, but could only find the CAPR 100-1. My question is this: are there any regulations that guide website development for squadrons?

BFreemanMA

190-1 has the basics, if I'm not mistaken: http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R190_001.pdf

As of right now, there is no specific guidance on HOW websites are to be laid out, but scuttle is that such guidance is being worked on.

My unit has had good luck using Google Pages
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

JeffDG

Regardless of your design choices, CAPR 110-1, 11a requires a Wing or higher commander approval for any Internet Operation

Quotea. CAP units conducting CAP internet operations (including cap.gov domains) must obtain and
maintain a record of approval from the CAP/CC or applicable region, wing commander or their
designee. The NHQ/CO or designee approves CAPNHQ.gov domain delegations.

Eaker Guy

I thank both of you. I'll get the ball rolling right away.

:)

C/Maj Kiss

Tim Medeiros

That approval is done via eServices too, Internet Operations restricted application.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Eaker Guy