Main Menu

Photo ID

Started by Tubacap, April 20, 2007, 02:41:16 AM

Tubacap

I had heard that trick too, but it didn't work for me... mine was good for one month and alas the new one is in yesterday with a year extension for an addiitonal $4.  I am apparently keeping it too close to my debit card.

Back to the original question though, can anyone cite where it says the Photo ID can replace the regular ID?

I'll pass it to the knowledgebase and see what comes up.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: Tubacap on April 20, 2007, 02:49:51 PM
I had heard that trick too, but it didn't work for me... mine was good for one month and alas the new one is in yesterday with a year extension for an addiitonal $4.  I am apparently keeping it too close to my debit card.

Back to the original question though, can anyone cite where it says the Photo ID can replace the regular ID?

I'll pass it to the knowledgebase and see what comes up.

I haven't seen anything official on the original question.  Remember: knowledgebase is a magic 8 ball, only not so magic.  I don't know how many times I've advised them of conflicting answers in there...

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: Stonewall on April 20, 2007, 12:51:48 PM
I've created better looking ID cards (credentials) on my computer using powerpoint.

At my last agency we had a need to upgrade our credentials.  Some people drew with a pencil and paper, I took to the computer with limited skills.  I literally created credentials that were later enhanced by Identicred, a company that makes federal credentials, but my point is that we have an "ID Card" that is supposed to be of professional quality yet looks like a fake Visa card.  But somehow a knucklehead like me can create an "ID Card" that looked so friggin real it ended up becoming real, with a few minor additions that I couldn't do.

May we see an example of your MAD skills ?  :)
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Stonewall

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on April 21, 2007, 10:10:28 PM
I've created better looking ID cards (credentials) on my computer using powerpoint.

At my last agency we had a need to upgrade our credentials.  Some people drew with a pencil and paper, I took to the computer with limited skills.  I literally created credentials that were later enhanced by Identicred, a company that makes federal credentials, but my point is that we have an "ID Card" that is supposed to be of professional quality yet looks like a fake Visa card.  But somehow a knucklehead like me can create an "ID Card" that looked so friggin real it ended up becoming real, with a few minor additions that I couldn't do.

Actually, no.  The credentials I made are now federal credentials and while I'm not with the agency any longer, I don't think they would appreciate me posting them on the interent for all to see.  Gott'em sitting right here at the computer too. ;-)
Serving since 1987.

mikeylikey

Quote from: Stonewall on April 22, 2007, 10:33:03 PM
Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on April 21, 2007, 10:10:28 PM

Actually, no.  The credentials I made are now federal credentials and while I'm not with the agency any longer, I don't think they would appreciate me posting them on the interent for all to see.  Gott'em sitting right here at the computer too. ;-)

Wow.....I just drew mine with red crayon
What's up monkeys?

Stonewall

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 23, 2007, 01:41:03 AM
Wow.....I just drew mine with red crayon

So you used NHQ's concept?
Serving since 1987.

bosshawk

How about something humorous dealing with the photo ID card?  Many years ago, I was witness to a group of Army officers who grew tired of the security surrounding a classroom building at an unnamed Army Post.  They got a blank card, put a photo of the class mascot, a dachshound, on it and one officer used the ID to enter and leave the secure classroom for about two weeks.  The MPs on duty never noticed the dogs picture.

How about someone in CAP putting a photo of their favorite pet(animal) on ID card stock and see how long it would take someone to notice it?

Might be worth some chuckles.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

JC004

Quote from: bosshawk on April 23, 2007, 02:24:16 AM
How about something humorous dealing with the photo ID card?  Many years ago, I was witness to a group of Army officers who grew tired of the security surrounding a classroom building at an unnamed Army Post.  They got a blank card, put a photo of the class mascot, a dachshound, on it and one officer used the ID to enter and leave the secure classroom for about two weeks.  The MPs on duty never noticed the dogs picture.

How about someone in CAP putting a photo of their favorite pet(animal) on ID card stock and see how long it would take someone to notice it?

I have a card that came with an insurance card.  All it says is "THIS CARD INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK."  I have on 3 occasions used it upon being carded for things...it is always pretty entertaining.  We should get some of those.

mikeylikey

^ I am sure they still sold you beer and cigarettes.  I wouldn't even put it past those TSA folks to let you through security just by showing that also.
What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 23, 2007, 02:56:24 AM
^ I am sure they still sold you beer and cigarettes.  I wouldn't even put it past those TSA folks to let you through security just by showing that also.

That's a good idea!  I am going back home via airplane in a couple days...hmmm...

Fifinella

How about:

;D ;D ;D
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

jimmydeanno

They do say the older you get the more you look like your dog...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Tubacap

I just got a reply back from Susie Parker at NHQ that if you have the new Photo ID from national, you do not need to carry both cards.  My wallet just got even lighter again thanks to NHQ >:D! If you have the old form 19, then you still need both cards.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

RogueLeader

Quote from: JC004 on April 20, 2007, 04:30:40 AM
Quote from: afgeo4 on April 20, 2007, 04:04:38 AM
LOL I still can't get my photo right.

Don't worry...when you DO get it right, NHQ or the contractor will deliberately mess it up again.
Or declare that it does "not" meet specifcations.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

LtCol White

Quote from: Tubacap on April 24, 2007, 05:38:11 PM
I just got a reply back from Susie Parker at NHQ that if you have the new Photo ID from national, you do not need to carry both cards.  My wallet just got even lighter again thanks to NHQ >:D! If you have the old form 19, then you still need both cards.

Yeah but has a sample of the ID been sent out to DOD so that they will know what they are looking at when they see one that it is official. They are used to seeing the library card and that is the one they have a sample of at the registers and gates.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Fifinella

Look at you, sneaking that in...when did you become an Admiral?
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

JC004

Fifinella

Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

LtCol White

Quote from: Fifinella on April 25, 2007, 03:38:34 AM
Look at you, sneaking that in...when did you become an Admiral?

;D ;D ;D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.