Second Lieutenant bars

Started by Billy009, April 22, 2014, 05:09:33 PM

THRAWN

Quote from: Garibaldi on April 25, 2014, 07:06:35 PM
Quote from: flyer333555 on April 25, 2014, 07:01:55 PM
Ya see? ???

All topics degenerate into uniform topics, except when a topic starts on uniforms, it degenerates into something else.

Makes me think there is hope among you...

That not all of you have uniforms as the ultimate goal of your participation in CAP... ;D

Flyer

So, when are we getting ABUs?

I think we should get tan boots for our BBDUs...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

MSG Mac

Ya see? ???

All topics degenerate into uniform topics, except when a topic starts on uniforms, it degenerates into something else.

That not all of you have uniforms as the ultimate goal of your participation in CAP... ;D

Flyer

The 12th of Never!
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

RogueLeader

Quote from: MSG Mac on April 25, 2014, 07:19:29 PM
Ya see? ???

Flyer

The 12th of Never!

30th of February 25978
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Billy009

I thought CAP officers do not wear rank insignia on the BDU cap. Am I incorrect?

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Billy009 on April 29, 2014, 04:03:23 PM
I thought CAP officers do not wear rank insignia on the BDU cap. Am I incorrect?

Yes, senior member grade insignias must be worn on BDU caps according to ICL to CAPM 39-1, dated 12 March 2012. The mandatory date was 1 May 2007.

Garibaldi

Metal insigina, no. Embroidered insignia, yes.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Panache

Quote from: Garibaldi on April 29, 2014, 04:42:42 PM

Unless you are wearing the Blue BDU (BBDU) cap, in which case you can use embroidered or metal grade insignia.

Devil Doc

I wish there was Metal Insignia on all BDU Variations, be alot easier.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Devil Doc on April 29, 2014, 05:35:09 PM

I wish there was Metal Insignia on all BDU Variations, be alot easier.

Easier? I have to respectfully disagree. Once the embroidered insignia is sewn, there's no need to do anything else to it. It's always there, in the right place (assuming it was sewn correctly). Metal insignias need to be measured and placed on the uniform every time. How's that easier?

MIKE

Not to mention the first time you get bonked in the head... Assuming you don't bend the pins back.
Mike Johnston

LSThiker

Quote from: Storm Chaser on April 29, 2014, 08:57:11 PM
Easier? I have to respectfully disagree. Once the embroidered insignia is sewn, there's no need to do anything else to it. It's always there, in the right place (assuming it was sewn correctly). Metal insignias need to be measured and placed on the uniform every time. How's that easier?

I think it is personal preference.  I wore metal rank and branch insignia on my BDUs (prior to transitioning to ACUs) and it was not that bad.  In some cases, it was nice as my collar had a good patch of black so my branch insignia and rank would be hidden.  :)  I did transition over to cloth for my field BDUs.  Unfortunately, they were off ever so slightly (1 degree) and it really annoyed me.  I argued with the seamstress (or really seam stress) about correcting it but just was not worth my time.  Personally, I did not find metal insignia any less convenient than cloth.

huey

As soon as the Air Force gets rid of it, I guess!!!!

huey

For CAP, I think the only case to wear a metal insignia is for flying suit, which is plastic encased.

AirAux

And is not metal, but in reality the rank is also plastic.

Panache

Quote from: huey on May 14, 2014, 12:11:42 PM

For CAP, I think the only case to wear a metal insignia is for flying suit, which is plastic encased.

...and the Blue BDU cap.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Does anyone have a coherent explanation as to why we are allowed metal grade on just one item of headgear, but not on the BBDU's themselves?

It's not like we could be confused with the Air Force on that, since they don't wear BBDU's.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Garibaldi

Quote from: CyBorg on May 14, 2014, 05:46:20 PM
Does anyone have a coherent explanation as to why we are allowed metal grade on just one item of headgear, but not on the BBDU's themselves?

It's not like we could be confused with the Air Force on that, since they don't wear BBDU's.

I think you'd have a better chance of getting "when are we getting ABUs?" answered before you get the answer to that.

SarDragon

Metal grade on BBDUs can turn into a comfort/safety issue when in the field. It can catch on pack straps, or get caught underneath and cause bruises and/or wounds.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

THRAWN

Sure, this is easy...blah blah blah corporate uniform, something something Air Force style, yadda yadda WE SANK A SUBMARINE IN WORLD WAR 2!.....

Oh, wait, I mean nope...no coherent explanation available.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Garibaldi

Quote from: SarDragon on May 14, 2014, 08:18:21 PM

Metal grade on BBDUs can turn into a comfort/safety issue when in the field. It can catch on pack straps, or get caught underneath and cause bruises and/or wounds.

Or you can wind up with 2 holes in your forehead when you smack a tree branch...