Main Menu

Presentation to teachers

Started by UH60guy, April 15, 2014, 02:12:26 PM

UH60guy

So, the last thing I need for my senior AEO rating is the "Prepare and present aerospace education programs to teachers within the local community."

I'm in the middle of a PCS move so I have an overabundance of free time, but lack any connections with schools or teachers in the new area. On top of that, I've never had the opportunity at my previous (and only) squadron to do any external AE stuff. I'm looking forward to the opportunity, but unsure what to expect.

All that said, my question has two parts:
1) Where do people usually go to set up something with teachers?
2) What stuff should the presentation contain? I'm thinking since it's towards the end of the school year to talk about things they can do over the summer like orientation flights, becoming AEMs, and STEM kits for the next year.

Please advise, and thanks!
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO

Eclipse

Some wings will sponsor the membership to encourage them to participate.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Step one is to hook up with your wing AE guy....see what contacts he/she may already have.

Step two....call the school district.   Three is usually someone at the district level that coordinates the various subjects (English, math, science, etc) for continuing education, standards, curriculum development, etc.

Step three.....see if you can't do your presentation during one of their staff development days.....the school has a requirement for continuing education and a AE presentation heavily slanted toward the STEM side of things may kill two birds with one stone.....their staff development and our AE.

edit....my spell checker sometimes thinks it is smarter then me. 
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

NIN

Say it with me: "STEM"

its a buzzword in education these days. Opens lots of doors.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

blackbrandt

UH60guy, please shoot me a PM with your email address.  I can send you 3-4 presentations about rockets that I have recently done. 

One about High power rocketry, one about rocket motors, one about physics of flight, and a 4th one that I can't remember the topic of...  :)
C/MSgt Matt Fletcher

RALEIGH WAKE!!