56 day rule + wing conference

Started by Toth, March 07, 2014, 04:26:56 AM

FlyTiger77

Quote from: ol'fido on April 12, 2014, 01:42:27 PM
Sound adjutant's call!

I wonder if he has mastered the adjutant's walk, yet? Does the USAF even do that? (Yes, I am too lazy too look it up.)
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

LSThiker

Quote from: Toth on April 12, 2014, 04:51:54 AM
Cadet Commander's Adjutant of my squadron

This position is more appropriately called Administration.  Long story short, the Adjutant was an assistant to a senior level officer.  Traditionally, it was a Captain assistant to a Colonel.  However, after numerous transformations, the position was rolled into the Adjutant Corps in the Army and Administration in the Air Force.  They serve as the Unit Administration.

Luis R. Ramos

LST-

::)

I think those asking about the position of Cadet Commander's Adjutant are asking in a sarcastic manner or wondering about this position, since it is not a part of a squadron duty position, nor it is a position normally staffed by a cadet. At least not as stated. I think by the experience posted of some of these asking, they are aware about the Adjutant's duties...

???

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

LSThiker

Quote from: flyer333555 on April 12, 2014, 03:37:28 PM
LST-

::)

I think those asking about the position of Cadet Commander's Adjutant are asking in a sarcastic manner or wondering about this position, since it is not a part of a squadron duty position, nor it is a position normally staffed by a cadet. At least not as stated. I think by the experience posted of some of these asking, they are aware about the Adjutant's duties...

???

Flyer

Hence why I did not quote them. I quoted the cadet because I was talking to the cadet.

Luis R. Ramos

Sorry-

I did not realize you were addressing the cadet. In re-reading it I found my mistake... Did not think that in the first since the cadet did not ask what was involved in the position.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

lordmonar

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on April 12, 2014, 02:15:18 PM
Quote from: ol'fido on April 12, 2014, 01:42:27 PM
Sound adjutant's call!

I wonder if he has mastered the adjutant's walk, yet? Does the USAF even do that? (Yes, I am too lazy too look it up.)
Yes Adjutant's Cadence is in the manual.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

ol'fido

I fully believe that the "Adjutant's Cadence" is where they got the idea for this:

Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks (Full Sketch)
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

lordmonar

"With government backing I can make it really silly!"
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: ol'fido on April 12, 2014, 09:13:55 PM
I fully believe that the "Adjutant's Cadence" is where they got the idea for this:

Most times, when "adjutant's cadence" looks silly it's because the adjutant is trying too hard to go too fast. Too many of them seem to think of it as "double-time without raising the knees" or "walking at double-time," trying to do it at 160-180 steps per minute. It's only about 140, just slightly faster than marching as opposed to almost as fast as running.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

PHall

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on April 13, 2014, 06:59:52 AM
Quote from: ol'fido on April 12, 2014, 09:13:55 PM

Most times, when "adjutant's cadence" looks silly it's because the adjutant is trying too hard to go too fast. Too many of them seem to think of it as "double-time without raising the knees" or "walking at double-time," trying to do it at 160-180 steps per minute. It's only about 140, just slightly faster than marching as opposed to almost as fast as running.

They also look silly because they taking larger then normal steps so they can cover more ground as fast as they can.

Danger

So, any tips for someone serving as the adjutant for this summer's pass in review at the encampment graduation? Adjutants walk sure is interesting...
"Never take anything too seriously."

SarDragon

Determine ahead of time what they expect, and then practice.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret