Main Menu

Subdued Belt Buckle

Started by A1Steaksauce, March 30, 2007, 08:46:00 PM

A1Steaksauce

I have a new cadet at my squadron and he has aquired his BDU belt. However, instead of the open face on the buckle that I'm used to seeing, he has one that is like a subdued version of the blues belt. I couldn't find anything in the manual and was wondering if anyone knew whether or not this is authorized.

Thanks. ;D

LtCol White

It is authorized for wear with the BDU. Ooops. Sorry. I misread your question. No, that buckle isnt authorized.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

MIKE

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table 2-3.3 Belt and Buckle Dark blue, 1 1/4-inch woven cotton web, solid or woven elastic belt
with black metal tip end and plain (open faced) black buckle. Black tip may extend up to 1 inch beyond the buckle, facing to the wearer's left (men) or facing wearer's right or left (women).

Edited to add:  If it was authorized, I wouldn't mind replacing the belt with one of these in USAF blue.
Mike Johnston

DNall

Quote from: MIKE on March 30, 2007, 09:15:28 PM
Edited to add:  If it was authorized, I wouldn't mind replacing the belt with one of these in USAF blue.
Standard ACU version is $6.50, and avail in AF blue. Highly recommended.

IronRangerMN

Black open buckle belts with dark blue belts are the only that should be worn. At my encampment I had none, so I tried to make do with what I did have.
Be safe

arajca

Quote from: IronRangerMN on March 30, 2007, 10:36:12 PM
I had the same one at my Wing encampment. Dark blue belt with military style, closed faced, black buckle. It didn't go over with the staff when it came to inspection. But it did go better than the previous days inspection when I had a military issue one. Black belt with brass buckle.
Neither one is authorized.

arajca

Quote from: DNall on March 30, 2007, 10:08:29 PM
Quote from: MIKE on March 30, 2007, 09:15:28 PM
Standard ACU version is $6.50, and avail in AF blue. Highly recommended.
Also available in black for with the bbdu.

RogueLeader

Almost all belts that I've seen have the regular bukle, subdued with AF blue web.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SarDragon

The buckle in question is an older USN item, worn by the Seabees in OD fatigues. I'm not sure if they are still authorized with anything else. Only the gold and silver buckles are listed in the current Uni Reg.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret