What is your favorite CAP ribbon?

Started by 4fhoward, July 18, 2013, 06:31:42 PM

4fhoward

This is just a question to see what people think.

Of the CAP ribbons, this included old ribbons not being awarded, what is your favorite ribbon and why?
For me my favorite is the Find ribbon, I like the color combination and the layout, I think it's well balanced.

You can take a look at what the previous ribbons looked like at this link.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~ericbush/US/cap_old.html

UH60guy

First, I'd be suspicious of any ribbon images not found in the back of CAPR 39-3, like how the "Gill Robb Wilson -with star-" in the link you sent is upside down :) That and the whole CAP preoccupation with assymetrical ribbons I will never understand- when we already have a hard enough time getting people to wear them in the correct order of precedence, we throw ribbons that can be upside down at them!

Though I'd have to disagree on the find ribbon. To me it looks too much like the Distinguished Flying Cross (just with an extra stripe). I like the encampment ribbon- not too busy, simple color scheme, easy to tell apart from other ribbons, and for crying out loud, it can't be mounted upside down.

Did I mention I don't like ribbons that can be upside down? Because I don't  ;D
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO

Alaric

Unit Commendation, simple, and cant really be worn upside down

lordmonar

Find Ribbon.....it just looks nice.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Rick-DEL

Майор Хаткевич

Curry, because it is the bond of all cadets, past and present.

ol'fido

I like all of the old style ribbons. Much more character than the ones we have now. I like the old style Find Ribbon especially.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Brad

Forest patrol....we used to do that often here in SCWG I've been told...then one of our aircrews overflew a SC Forestry truck not where it was supposed to be posted at and let the forestry supervisor know. The firefighter/forester got in trouble then raised a big stink and we ended up losing our forestry missions. At least that's the story I heard.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

ZigZag911

Always liked the old Earhart, something reminiscent of Captain America's shield about it!

MacGruff

My favorite will probably be the first one that I earn.

8)

Cap'n

Commander's Commendation: I really like how it looks, and it's also my favorite one I've received.

addo1

Quote from: robaroth on July 18, 2013, 07:00:48 PM
Unit Commendation, simple, and cant really be worn upside down

Once I wore my CAC and IACE ribbons upside down.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

ExCadetwithCOP

My Certificate of Proficiency (COP) Award.  Only one left, that is still authorized, with a propeller!

MSG Mac

My Gill Robb Wilson shows that the recipient has gone well past what 95% of all members accomplish.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

Quote from: UH60guy on July 18, 2013, 06:46:38 PM
First, I'd be suspicious of any ribbon images not found in the back of CAPR 39-3, like how the "Gill Robb Wilson -with star-" in the link you sent is upside down :) That and the whole CAP preoccupation with assymetrical ribbons I will never understand- when we already have a hard enough time getting people to wear them in the correct order of precedence, we throw ribbons that can be upside down at them!
Well, he changed the link, so the GRW comment is OBE.

QuoteThough I'd have to disagree on the find ribbon. To me it looks too much like the Distinguished Flying Cross (just with an extra stripe). I like the encampment ribbon- not too busy, simple color scheme, easy to tell apart from other ribbons, and for crying out loud, it can't be mounted upside down.

Did I mention I don't like ribbons that can be upside down? Because I don't  ;D

The olde encampment ribbon, as picture at the revised link, could be mounted upside down, and frequently was. The left end is blue, and the right end is green.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SarDragon

Quote from: usafaux2004 on July 18, 2013, 07:53:07 PM
Curry, because it is the bond of all cadets, past and present.

How so? I don't have one. I spent five years as a cadet.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

flyboy53

I don't really have one special ribbon. Guess I would pick my top three Gill Robb Wilson, Commander's Commendation, and Scott Crossfield.

James Shaw

The Achievement Award.

Myself and Col Blascovich (Former National Historian) designed it. I designed the ribbon and he designed the medal portion.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: UH60guy on July 19, 2013, 11:25:27 AM
Deleted. Actidentally clicked quote, not "modify"

All y'all pre-64 dinosaurs don't count under this CP.  >:D

Al Sayre

My Lifesaving Ribbon with star.  It means I actually made a difference...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787