New USAF Uniforms look to be WWII in most origin!!!

Started by Major Carrales, March 20, 2007, 01:53:13 AM

JC004

Quote from: sardak on March 22, 2007, 05:33:59 PM
Nebraska has had a Navy since 1931.  You can request a commission as an admiral from the Governor.

http://www.gov.state.ne.us/admiralships/admiralship.html

Mike

I want one!  Does it have any...uh...boats?

ColonelJack

Quote from: JC004 on March 22, 2007, 07:08:26 PM
Quote from: sardak on March 22, 2007, 05:33:59 PM
Nebraska has had a Navy since 1931.  You can request a commission as an admiral from the Governor.

http://www.gov.state.ne.us/admiralships/admiralship.html

Mike

I want one!  Does it have any...uh...boats?

Well, I've "applied" for one.  (Can you nominate yourself???  I may soon find out!)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Nick Critelli

Forget this USAF new uniform nonsense. Let's return to the good old days of the 1955 summer uniform. >:D

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Psicorp on March 22, 2007, 12:41:13 PM
The Army wears a stripe on the pants to designate leaders.  This goes back to the days when the leaders rode horses.  The Air Force never rode horses.
Enlisted (Corp. and higher) and officers both wear the stripe (slightly different widths).  And since airplanes are way cooler than horses, I see no reason why the Air Force shouldn't also have a stripe.  8)

And even the planes that leak hydrolic fluid and jet fuel smell better.   ;)

Enlisted who are corporals are considered NCO's, hence, leaders.
Another former CAP officer

lordmonar

Quote from: Nick Critelli, Lt Col CAP on March 22, 2007, 09:42:34 PM
Forget this USAF new uniform nonsense. Let's return to the good old days of the 1955 summer uniform. >:D

My dad was an Aviation Cadet back in 1958-60 (retired in 1982)...he used to tell me about the bramuda shorts and pith helmets!

Now that's a uniform I could live with@ >:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

afgeo4

I think the problem we're all talking about with the belts actually isn't a belt problem. It's a button problem and it's going to cost this uniform the belt.

If you notice, the USMC green service coat has 3 buttons on top followed by the belt and then open flaps to allow for free movement while marching/walking.

The USAF new blue coat has 4 buttons and the belt fits in between buttons, even though it's slightly wider than the space between those buttons. If the belt needs to be moved up or down slightly to fit the physique, it would have to cover one of the buttons which would be a no-no. So... you either move it up/down to the next slot between buttons or you leave it as is and wear the coat as the model in the picture is wearing it, visually improperly. Also, the bottom button will restrict the movement of the individual somewhat and will make us want to unbutton the button when driving. Which will result in undone buttons on coats since people will forget to close them back up.

I like the uniform as a whole, I just really don't like the pocket designs. I think they're terribly outdated. I think simpler pocket stitching and flaps would look better. I also obviously think that they should have gone with the USMC button design if going with a belt (which I like since it creates a more athletic appearance.)
GEORGE LURYE