Dual Cool. Which one?

Started by Stonewall, February 17, 2013, 03:36:41 PM

AC

They would be worn below your Master Airborne Wings, or in lieu of them if you choose to wear your Observer wings. MFF wings in white on ultramarine.... talk about street cred! :o
[/quote]

My CAP wings are pilot wings. See, in CAP, there is a problem even identifying the differences! (I know, the pic doesn't show enough detail). I'm sure CAP'ers would have a problem identifying MFF wings. Master Blaster I like better, and I'm used to them.

Terence Maroste      "We're Paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're
Maj, CAP                   supposed to be surrounded."
AEO
SWR-TX-293                  -Captain Richard Winters

NIN

Quote from: GroundHawg on March 05, 2013, 03:26:10 PM
They would be worn below your Master Airborne Wings, or in lieu of them if you choose to wear your Observer wings. MFF wings in white on ultramarine.... talk about street cred! :o

I dunno, Master Blasters say "Street Cred" to me all on their own.

MFF is a different kettle of fish, and while certainly pre-supposing a certain level of bad-assery, isn't quite the same thing.  (And in this case, considering that AC's MFF qual predates modern equipment to the point where he was jumping B4s and bellywarts with, at best, a Paracommander, that is even more bad-assery than the badge would *ever* convey to the uninitiated)

The former CG of the Army Cadet Corps used to refer to me as "his Master Blaster" because I'm the only guy in the organization wearing our master jump wings (by a gigantic factor).  However, my 1100 jumps with modern sport gear != a dude with 200 MFF jumps from back when "freefall" was a fairly new concept.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

AC

I'm kind of sorry for hijacking this thread, but memories are coming back. When I was on the Air Commando Parachute Demonstration Team, I jumped a LoPo 7-TU, when the rest of the guys jumped Paracommanders. My chute was black and white diamonds compared to their red, white and blue chutes. I really stood out on the team! I liked that! :)

However, because stand-ups were the name of the game, they would land softer than I did, and I did incur some injuries! That's why arthritis set in, and artificial knees were installed later in life.

AEO

GroundHawg

Quote from: AC on March 05, 2013, 04:13:18 PM

However, because stand-ups were the name of the game, they would land softer than I did, and I did incur some injuries! That's why arthritis set in, and artificial knees were installed later in life.

After 10 years on jump status, Im going to be in the same boat as you. Got 50% now, and go next month for review to see if I should be higher.
Never got a slot for HALO though no matter how much I begged!

huey

Quote from: MIKE on March 04, 2013, 06:18:02 PM
Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table 6-2.US Military Aviation Badge (Awarded in writing by competent authority.) centered 1/2 inch above the pocket or ribbons on the left breast. CAP aviation badges are worn 1/2 inch above military badges.

Completely agree with this, the reg anyway!

huey

Quote from: Stonewall on February 19, 2013, 11:53:02 PM
Quote from: Slim on February 18, 2013, 06:06:53 AM
I say forget the regs and go for the tower of power.

Where could I get the Army Aviator wings made white on ultramarine? According to the reg, they said you can wear it in subdue design, and under the CAP aviation badge!

AC

Try here, huey...

http://www.thebattlezone.biz/

You might have to special order them with ultramarine blue cloth though. If they won't do it, there are others that will. I don't know who exactly right now , but I read in another thread they are available. Just have to do some searching.

I just like the quality of battlezone.

AEO

NIN

Quote from: huey on March 05, 2013, 05:42:30 PM
Where could I get the Army Aviator wings made white on ultramarine? According to the reg, they said you can wear it in subdue design, and under the CAP aviation badge!

Spur Nametags (1800nametape.com or 1800nametapes.com) will do them, too.  They're very nice.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Quote from: AC on March 05, 2013, 04:13:18 PM

And this, boys and girls, should tell you all you need to know about why you should jump square parachutes :)

19 years of jumping this year, and (knock on wood) no round jumps.  My knees should last me into my 70s. Better than my dad, Mr. Motocross Flattrack Screwedup Knees.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

J2H

Be careful with Battlezone, looks like they ran out of the blue/white
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031