New report for cadets turning 21

Started by dwb, January 30, 2013, 06:34:04 PM

dwb

Thanks to the wonderful folks at NHQ/CP (and NHQ/IT), there is a new report available in the Member Reports eServices module. It displays cadets who turn 21 within the next six months.

Not terribly useful at the squadron level, but as a DCP, I plan to use this report to reach out to these cadets and encourage them to transition to senior member. We lose good institutional knowledge when we lose senior cadets, and running this report, say, on a quarterly basis can help stop some of that brain drain.

The report's name is "Cadets Within 6 Months From Being 21". I assume everyone who can run Member Reports can see it.

Enjoy!

RogueLeader

Thanks for the update.  We don't have any cadets near that range, so no big deal right now.  For units with large cadet numbers, it can be invaluable.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

It should also have a secondary 18 year old report. Granted CPPT would bring it up, but I think most cadets are lost at that point

dwb

True. I think the ones that stick around to 20 are in it for something specific: Spaatz, encampment, IACE, etc.

They also usually realize that those few extra years make a difference and they don't have much in common with younger cadets. Perfect time for a senior member mentor to reach out to them and tell them all the wonderful things they can continue to do in CAP as a s'member.

I ran the report today. We have eight cadets in VAWG approaching 21. I plan to contact each individually. We'll see if my theory works. :)