Unable to login from work computer (Banned User / Multiple Accounts)

Started by rframe, December 05, 2012, 10:36:18 PM

rframe

Quote from: PHall on December 07, 2012, 05:37:06 AM
You must have a very tolerant employer. At AT&T use of a company computer for personal business is grounds for termination.

LOL, sounds like a great place to work.  I've worked in IT for over 15 years as the guy who enforces security policies, at everything from private start-ups, to IPO'd tech companies, to Fortune 1000 organizations and none have had a policy like that and if they did I dont think they'd retain much talent.

Eclipse

I think a lot of companies have that as a written (or unwritten) policy, however the enforceability of from a practical sense becomes the
issue, not to mention that anyone with options to go elsewhere is going to tolerate that sort policy for very long.

There's also the fact that a lot of people carry a device in their pocket that has faster internet connectivity then the company does.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: rframe on December 07, 2012, 05:41:59 AM
You must have a very tolerant employer. At AT&T use of a company computer for personal business is grounds for termination.

LOL, sounds like a great place to work.  I've worked in IT for over 15 years as the guy who enforces security policies, at everything from private start-ups, to IPO'd tech companies, to Fortune 1000 organizations and none have had a policy like that and if they did I dont think they'd retain much talent.

AT&T is a great place to work...but don't abuse their systems. There really is no warning for accessing sites they deem harmful or malicious. And woebetide the tech who tries too download Angry Birds on their company-issued iPhone...no mercy whatsoever.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

Quote from: Garibaldi on December 07, 2012, 11:04:57 PMAnd woebetide the tech who tries too download Angry Birds on their company-issued iPhone...no mercy whatsoever.

Mostly because two iphones on the AT&T network simultaneously will bring down the network.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Garibaldi on December 07, 2012, 11:04:57 PM

AT&T is a great place to work...but don't abuse their systems. There really is no warning for accessing sites they deem harmful or malicious. And woebetide the tech who tries too download Angry Birds on their company-issued iPhone...no mercy whatsoever.

iPhone???    Us "real" techs don't have no stinkin' iPhones. We have Panasonic CF-30 Toughbooks, thermal printers and docking ports in our trucks. >:D

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on December 07, 2012, 11:48:56 PMiPhone???    Us "real" techs don't have no stinkin' iPhones. We have Panasonic CF-30 Toughbooks, thermal printers and docking ports in our trucks. >:D

Not to mention sticky areas in various places in the shapes of the different phone companies AT&T has pretended to be since the divestiture.
We've got a few around here that still have a faint outline of a bell.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: PHall on December 07, 2012, 11:48:56 PM

iPhone???    Us "real" techs don't have no stinkin' iPhones. We have Panasonic CF-30 Toughbooks, thermal printers and docking ports in our trucks. >:D

We used those til we were issued ipads and iphones. I loved my toughbook til i put my knee through the top and destroyed the screen.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on December 07, 2012, 11:56:28 PM
Quote from: PHall on December 07, 2012, 11:48:56 PMiPhone???    Us "real" techs don't have no stinkin' iPhones. We have Panasonic CF-30 Toughbooks, thermal printers and docking ports in our trucks. >:D

Not to mention sticky areas in various places in the shapes of the different phone companies AT&T has pretended to be since the divestiture.
We've got a few around here that still have a faint outline of a bell.

The truck I drive has had the Red and Grey racing stripes of Pacific Bell, the Infinty logo of SBC and now sports the Death Star of at&t.
But as long as there is a direct deposit into my checking account every other Friday, I don't really care.

PHall

Quote from: Garibaldi on December 08, 2012, 02:13:46 AM
Quote from: PHall on December 07, 2012, 11:48:56 PM

We used those til we were issued ipads and iphones. I loved my toughbook til i put my knee through the top and destroyed the screen.

They keep threatening to take away our IFD's and it keeps getting delayed. We have one manager who tells us they keep putting it off because they haven't perfected the nueral implants, yet... >:D

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on December 08, 2012, 02:18:36 AMThe truck I drive has had the Red and Grey racing stripes of Pacific Bell, the Infinty logo of SBC and now sports the Death Star of at&t. But as long as there is a direct deposit into my checking account every other Friday, I don't really care.

Point taken - both my dad and step mom were long term Illinois Bell employees.  He got retired on disability before things went South, but
she got squished in the shakeup. 

It's funny how after all the changes and new golf shirts, the company is back to being nearly a monopoly again.  A lot of people
I know never changed desks or jobs, just the logo on the checks occasionally was new.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt