Zombie Exercise - Seriously

Started by wuzafuzz, October 28, 2012, 01:58:18 AM

a2capt

♠SARKID♠

All I know is this: When the dead start popping out of the ground, I'm going globetrotting to make sure that the most evil of evil people stay dead.  Hell hath no fury like Zombie Genghis Khan.

Quote from: cap235629 on October 28, 2012, 04:44:38 AM
The Zombie Apocalypse is gun guy speak for "The government has gotten too big for it's britches"
Fellow fan of Eric and Barry?

Critical AOA

Well, election day is just around the corner and the dead have been known to get out and vote. 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

PHall

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on October 29, 2012, 11:49:20 PM
Well, election day is just around the corner and the dead have been known to get out and vote.

Yeah, in Cook County Illinois. >:D

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on October 30, 2012, 01:52:17 AM
Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on October 29, 2012, 11:49:20 PM

Yeah, in Cook County Illinois.

I had a student this weekend who was joking that he wanted to be buried in Cook County so that he could continue to vote forever.

"That Others May Zoom"

Critical AOA

Quote from: Eclipse on October 30, 2012, 02:50:58 AM

I had a student this weekend who was joking that he wanted to be buried in Cook County so that he could continue to vote forever.

Now... that has to be one of the funniest things I've read lately.  :clap:
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

SarDragon

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on October 30, 2012, 03:39:57 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 30, 2012, 02:50:58 AM

Now... that has to be one of the funniest things I've read lately.  :clap:

Chicago politics - Vote early; Vote often.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

usafcap1

Quote from: wuzafuzz on October 28, 2012, 01:58:18 AM
It seems Zombie Apocalypse exercises are all the rage lately.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/27/marines-police-prep-for-mock-zombie-invasion/?test=latestnews#ixzz2AYPNScv9
Gotta love this part:
"Since word got out about the exercise, they've had calls from "every whack job in the world" about whether the U.S. government is really preparing for a zombie event." 

And from last year:
http://blog.fema.gov/2011/05/from-cdc-preparedness-101-zombie.html

I wonder if the next OPSEVAL will have a zombie theme.  The safety briefing would be a hoot.   ;D

We've got to be ready for anything!! Regardless what it is. . .
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

CavScout

CDC
http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies.htm

Department of Homeland Security
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/06/homeland-security-warns-the-zombies-are-coming_n_1862768.html

Army Times
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/09/army-zombies-in-disaster-training-091912w

There are a lot more of these.

"Zombies" is smart people code for "preparing for any disaster or civil unrest." Far from just a "gun guys" thing. Being in a group involved with SAR/ES, I would think no one here would have the "It can't happen to me" or "That will never happen" attitude. Besides, 'zombies' is a fun and practical way to go about it. "If you're prepared for Zombies, you're prepared for anything!"

ol'fido

That's why there is a difference between being smart and being intelligent.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Eclipse

Quote from: CavScout on November 28, 2012, 04:47:22 AM
"Zombies" is smart people code for "preparing for any disaster or civil unrest." Far from just a "gun guys" thing. Being in a group involved with SAR/ES, I would think no one here would have the "It can't happen to me" or "That will never happen" attitude. Besides, 'zombies' is a fun and practical way to go about it. "If you're prepared for Zombies, you're prepared for anything!"

Waaaiiittaminute...  You mean zombies aren't real?

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on November 29, 2012, 12:22:00 AM
Quote from: CavScout on November 28, 2012, 04:47:22 AM

Waaaiiittaminute...  You mean zombies aren't real?
If you don't believe in zombies, I strongly suggest you need to visit them in their natural habitat: