Florida Wing Winter Encampment

Started by AFCadet2011, August 07, 2012, 08:06:25 PM

AFCadet2011

I am a VA Wing cadet, and I am looking to apply for staff at the FL Wing Winter Encampment, hopefully as a Flight Sergeant. I was wondering when the staff applications open up, because I heard it was sometime between August and September, and I really don't want to miss the deadline. Also, if any one knows where I can go to keep updated on information pertaining to the application, I'd be extremely grateful.

Stonewall

Monitor www.flcadet.com.  As of this minute nothing is posted anywhere about the 2012/13 Winter Encampment.  It may a bit premature to apply just yet.
Serving since 1987.

Danger

I'm an MN wing cadet looking to staff it too. If I see anything I'll post it.
"Never take anything too seriously."

Cap'n

Does anyone know when the FLWGE tends to be? I would have liked to go to Kansas, but I couldn't make the date of the Encampment. (I live pretty far from Florida, which was why I had hoped to go to Kansas, not because of any preference over either Encampment.)

HGjunkie

Quote from: Pomegranate on August 07, 2012, 10:16:35 PM
Does anyone know when the FLWGE tends to be? I would have liked to go to Kansas, but I couldn't make the date of the Encampment. (I live pretty far from Florida, which was why I had hoped to go to Kansas, not because of any preference over either Encampment.)

Winter is typically 26-Dec to 2-Jan timeframe.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: HGjunkie on August 07, 2012, 10:17:19 PM
Quote from: Pomegranate on August 07, 2012, 10:16:35 PM

Winter is typically 26-Dec to 2-Jan timeframe.
I can confirm.

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Cap'n

Extremepredjudice

No problem. Hopefully I can make it out there as staff.

Just so you know, the banquet food is AWESOME! Way better than summer...

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Woodsy

The FLWG Winter Encampment dates are not yet set.  Traditionally, the Winter Encampment is held at Tyndall AFB, a day or so after Christmas till a day or so after New Years. 

There are no guarantees that will be the dates or location this year.  Florida Wing has just completed a Summer Encampment a few days ago with over 250 participants.  We are still wrapping up this encampment and have not yet focused on the next one. 

Stay tuned to the Official Florida Wing website and social media pages listed below for official announcements.

Florida Wing Website:  www.flwg.us

Florida Wing Cadet Programs: www.flcadet.com

Florida Wing Official Facebook: www.facebook.com/flwgcap (including 400+ pics and daily status updates from Summer Encampment)

Florida Wing Official Cadet Programs Facebook:  www.facebook.com/FloridaWingCadetPrograms

Florida Wing 2012 Summer Encampment Official Video, released only a few hours ago via Encampment C/PA staff:  2012 FLWG Summer Encampment Official Video

Noahk

I also am wanting to go on staff but i cant find the Staff Application is it up yet??

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Noahk on September 26, 2012, 06:16:46 PM
I also am wanting to go on staff but i cant find the Staff Application is it up yet??
No

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

BillB

According to the Florida Wing Calendar:

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - Saturday, January 05, 2013
Winter Encampment
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

BattagliaK

Hello,

I have been a CAP cadet for a year and a half, and am currently a C/TSgt, but plan on being a C/MSgt within the next 2 weeks. I have never attended a CAP Encampment, however I have attended NY Wing SARTAC. I am also a 4th year cadet in the AFJROTC cadet program, C/Major, with 3 SLAs under my belt, 2 of which serving as cadet staff. I plan on applying for a squadron First Sergeant as my first choice, and a Flight Sergeant as my second choice. With my current qualifications, and assuming I am a C/MSgt when I apply, what would my chances of being selected as a first sergeant would be? I served as a first sergeant at my 2nd JROTC SLA, and the Support Squadron Commander at my 3rd SLA.
CAP: C/TSgt
AFJROTC: C/Maj

C/2d Lt

Does Florida Wing Winter Encampment have a flight academy?
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: C/MSgt on September 30, 2012, 02:49:30 AM
Does Florida Wing Winter Encampment have a flight academy?
Based on last year, and the year before that, no. We don't even have ATS during winter

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: BattagliaK on September 29, 2012, 04:45:10 PM
Hello,

I have been a CAP cadet for a year and a half, and am currently a C/TSgt, but plan on being a C/MSgt within the next 2 weeks. I have never attended a CAP Encampment, however I have attended NY Wing SARTAC. I am also a 4th year cadet in the AFJROTC cadet program, C/Major, with 3 SLAs under my belt, 2 of which serving as cadet staff. I plan on applying for a squadron First Sergeant as my first choice, and a Flight Sergeant as my second choice. With my current qualifications, and assuming I am a C/MSgt when I apply, what would my chances of being selected as a first sergeant would be? I served as a first sergeant at my 2nd JROTC SLA, and the Support Squadron Commander at my 3rd SLA.

You need to attend a CAP encampment as a student prior to being staff.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: usafaux2004 on September 30, 2012, 05:37:15 AM
Quote from: BattagliaK on September 29, 2012, 04:45:10 PM
Hello,

You need to attend a CAP encampment as a student prior to being staff.
Not if he acquires an encampment waiver, he is in AFJROTC.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

BillB

What regulation authorizes a waiver for AFJROTC for CAP encampments?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

ßτε

Quote from: BillB on September 30, 2012, 10:06:40 AM
What regulation authorizes a waiver for AFJROTC for CAP encampments?
CAPR 52-16, para 10-1a authorizes encampment credit (not a waiver) for AFJROTC Summer Leadership School.

BattagliaK

Yup  :)

So anyway... with three AFJROTC SLAs under my belt, which SHOULD count as 3 Encampments, and all my other qualifications, what do you guys think my chances of getting a First Sergeant position would be?
CAP: C/TSgt
AFJROTC: C/Maj

PHall

Quote from: BattagliaK on September 30, 2012, 09:23:00 PM

So anyway... with three AFJROTC SLAs under my belt, which SHOULD count as 3 Encampments, and all my other qualifications, what do you guys think my chances of getting a First Sergeant position would be?

Depends on how you do at Staff Selection. If you suck, you won't get a job. Simple as that.

Майор Хаткевич

Check with the encampment staff. I know in IL you need to go to encampment at least once as non-staff to be considered for the big jobs. Getting the feel of the ecent , etc.

RogueLeader

Quote from: BattagliaK on September 30, 2012, 09:23:00 PM

While that gives you the exemption for the Mitchell requirement; that does not mean you get credit for completing 3 encampments, as you did not complete any encampments.  That may or may not exempt you from having to be an inflight cadet for being staff encampment. 

For some activities that I know of, such as combat control orientation course; as a cadet, you MUST have completed Encampment.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Extremepredjudice

I didn't see it mentioned already, but staff applications are open. They close the 17th.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

AFCadet2011

I'm in the middle of applying right now, and have a few (more) questions:

There is a part of the application that says that if I don't get accepted for my top three positions, would I still want to attend encampment. Does that mean as a basic or in some other staff position?

And,
As a VA wing cadet, is there an interview I have to conduct, and how would I do it? Would I have to go down to FL wing just for the interview?

To everyone on this thread, thank you for all the responses, they were really helpful!

Extremepredjudice

It means as staff. There isn't a staff selection weekend scheduled (read the ops order).

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

C/2d Lt

I believe with out of wing cadets, NYW, allows phone interviews. You could request one due to the distance.
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

Woodsy

Good luck on your staff application. Just go into the process with a realistic expectation.  Due to the large size of Florida Wing, the number of encampment participants, and the available pool of outstanding cadets available for staff selection within the wing, the chances of an out-of-wing cadet being selected for staff are very low.

ZombieButter

Quote from: Woodsy on October 16, 2012, 04:51:45 PM
Good luck on your staff application. Just go into the process with a realistic expectation.  Due to the large size of Florida Wing, the number of encampment participants, and the available pool of outstanding cadets available for staff selection within the wing, the chances of an out-of-wing cadet being selected for staff are very low.
This is very true. I applied for it and was denyed while I am a C/CMSgt. I hope I have better luck with TXWG.