Combat Orientation Training

Started by red_sox_fan, August 02, 2012, 05:07:58 PM

red_sox_fan

I was on youtube yesterday looking up encampments and NCSAS. When i came accrose the combat orientation training for CADETS. So i would like to know what the qulfications you must have to get accepted into this. I would also like people that attend this to tell me what they thought of it or any tips they could give me.
Cadet Senior Airman

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

A.Member

Quote from: Eclipse on August 02, 2012, 05:19:01 PM
http://ncsas.com/index.cfm/pararescue_orientation_course?show=career_fair&careerFairID=3
I'm actually not sure what "combat orientation training" even is, however, I would not describe PJOC as "combat orientation training".   
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

jeders

I have a feeling he is referencing the Combat Controller Orientation Course, which is not yet an NCSA. If you do a search for Combat Controller Orientation Course here on CAPTalk, you'll find one or two threads about it already.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

arajca

Perhaps the CCOC (Combat Controller Orietation Course)?

red_sox_fan

Yes i know it was simply a typo. I ment to say com Combat Controller Orietation Course. Still my question remains what is the qulfications for this. Plus i would like to know some tips about it
Cadet Senior Airman

red_sox_fan

Another thing is there are no threads about it yet. This is the first time anything about Combat Controller Oriention Course has ever been mention on this website.
Cadet Senior Airman

jeders

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 07:38:00 PM
Another thing is there are no threads about it yet. This is the first time anything about Combat Controller Oriention Course has ever been mention on this website.

Oh really you say? You might want to check out the 6 search results that popped up. But especially this one:

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=12035.msg227251#msg227251
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Critical AOA

And in related news, the CAP announced today that CAP will now stand for Combat Action Patrol. 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

red_sox_fan

Once again jeder you are failing to anserew my questions. If your just going to come on my topic and start arguing if theres any threads about combat controll oreintation group then stop replying. But you seem like a experinced cadet so if you any wisdom you can share with me will please share.
Cadet Senior Airman

Eclipse

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 09:15:04 PM
Once again jeder you are failing to anserew my questions. If your just going to come on my topic and start arguing if theres any threads about combat controll oreintation group then stop replying. But you seem like a experinced cadet so if you any wisdom you can share with me will please share.

There is only one cadet in this thread.

The one with the poor grammar and spelling who publicly called his CC a liar before his tenth posting.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

All the information you want is in the post that I linked to, which you said didn't exist. Please, just go their and read instead of demanding that everyone give you the information here with no work on your part.

Garibaldi

Translated:

"Once again, Jeder, you are failing to answer my questions. If you're just going to come on my topic and start arguing about there being any threads about combat control orientation, then stop replying, but you seem like an experienced cadet, so if you have any wisdom you can share with me, well, please share."

Sorry. I am on constant grammar patrol and I swear to cow, if I see another cadet whose grammar skills are so lacking that I can't understand what they are saying, I will throw a fit.

And if I see someone use "would/should/could of" instead of "would/should/could have" or "would've/could've/should've" I will personally find their elementary school English and composition teacher and give them an atomic wedgie and hang them by said wedgie off a coathook behind their classroom door.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

red_sox_fan

Quote from: Eclipse on August 02, 2012, 09:25:19 PM

The one with the poor grammar and spelling who publicly called his CC a liar before his tenth posting.
Oh boo hoo i called my CC a liar. Well you know what every one in my squad knew she was a liar if you read my explenation after that message than you will see why. Yes i am a cadet last time i check this website is for cadets and seinor officers key word in the website name. Its unoffical chat so i can say what i want. If it was offical i proably wouldnt of said anything.
Cadet Senior Airman

jeders

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 02, 2012, 09:36:14 PM
And if I see someone use "would/should/could of" instead of "would/should/could have" or "would've/could've/should've" I will personally find their elementary school English and composition teacher and give them an atomic wedgie and hang them by said wedgie off a coathook behind their classroom door.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Garibaldi

Looks like I was too late...

*gets in car, drives to Pennsylvania*

ProdigalJim

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 09:36:59 PM
Oh boo hoo i called my CC a liar. Well you know what every one in my squad knew she was a liar if you read my explenation after that message than you will see why. Yes i am a cadet last time i check this website is for cadets and seinor officers key word in the website name. Its unoffical chat so i can say what i want. If it was offical i proably wouldnt of said anything.

Unofficial is no excuse either for rudeness or disrespect. I'm seeing way too many cadets these days who lack even the most basic semblance of manners...manners which, by the way, I happily display to my fellow members even if they are subordinate.

Part of being a cadet is learning lessons for life and one important lesson is to respect your elders your colleagues at all levels, and to approach life with enough humility that every day you learn something new until the day you die.

This is way beyond poor spelling and grammar. You're ignorant and pleased as punch to be so.
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Critical AOA

Quote from: ProdigalJim on August 02, 2012, 10:24:17 PM
This is way beyond poor spelling and grammar. You're ignorant and pleased as punch to be so.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Eclipse

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 09:36:59 PM..last time i check this website is for cadets and seinor officers key word in the website name. Its unoffical chat so i can say what i want. If it was offical i proably wouldnt of said anything.

No, you actually can't.

Not by the terms of use of this site, and not by the practical reality that you are not anonymous and what you say can have ramifications within CAP.

A valuable life lesson is likely on the way to you.

"That Others May Zoom"

AngelWings

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=15832.msg286175#new <- Review this

I'm a cadet, and your attitude is coming off nasty. Calm down, write regularly (none of the texting crap), and speak like you are talking to an officer. You should be an example for your unit. If I chose to google it, I'd think "Wow, their cadets must have absolutely no discipline. Or, they have a cadet who must have little respect for his CoC and...". You should not disrespect people like that.

A.Member

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 07:36:27 PM
Yes i know it was simply a typo. I ment to say com Combat Controller Orietation Course. Still my question remains what is the qulfications for this. Plus i would like to know some tips about it
In re: to the bold statement above:

1.  Start with a HUGE attitude change! 

2.  Thoroughly review your customs and courtesies. 

Acceptance to these activities is competitive.  You need to be doing it better than "the other guys".  Based on your display here so far, you have a long, long way to go before even being considered for such activities.  Fact.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: A.Member on August 03, 2012, 04:12:05 AM
Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 07:36:27 PM
In re: to the bold statement above:

1.  Start with a HUGE attitude change! 

2.  Thoroughly review your customs and courtesies. 

Acceptance to these activities is competitive.  You need to be doing it better than "the other guys".  Based on your display here so far, you have a long, long way to go before even being considered for such activities.  Fact.

+1

The submission shouldn't even make it past the home unit.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

Critical AOA

Maybe a requirement for all cadet activities is for the cadet to submit a written essay on why he/she wants to attend the activity, what he/she expects to learn and how it will benefit the organization, specifically the local squadron. 

jks19714

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 02, 2012, 08:02:42 PM
And in related news, the CAP announced today that CAP will now stand for Combat Action Patrol.

CAP = Cruising ABU Patrol  >:D
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

jks19714

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 03, 2012, 01:53:26 PM
Maybe a requirement for all cadet activities is for the cadet to submit a written essay on why he/she wants to attend the activity, what he/she expects to learn and how it will benefit the organization, specifically the local squadron.

Another hint -- grammar and spelling count.
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

red_sox_fan

Quote from: ProdigalJim on August 02, 2012, 10:24:17 PM

Unofficial is no excuse either for rudeness or disrespect. I'm seeing way too many cadets these days who lack even the most basic semblance of manners...manners which, by the way, I happily display to my fellow members even if they are subordinate.

Part of being a cadet is learning lessons for life and one important lesson is to respect your elders your colleagues at all levels, and to approach life with enough humility that every day you learn something new until the day you die.

I dont care who you people are you people got on my topic and began to insult me so for me to give you repect you must give me respect.
Cadet Senior Airman

jeders

Can we get a lock and a ban please?

"Ma, where's my troll spray?"  ;D

JayT

Quote from: Eclipse on August 02, 2012, 09:25:19 PM

Let's break several things down for you, in such a way you'll understand.

A. Your grammar is terrible. Your posts are unreadable.

B. Calling an officer in your chain of command a liar is a terrible idea. If I disagree with a supervisors, lieutenant, captain, chief, or administrator in my chain of command, I keep it to myself. Part of becoming a mature adult is giving those above you the benefit of the doubt. I don't post my disagreement for the entire world to see. People have lost their jobs and employment due to things they post the internet.

C. You should realize that even those this is an 'unofficial' site, it is still populated by people in the upper levels of command and cadet programs. I believe that the founder of CCOC is a poster here. So, be careful who you are so quick to mouth off too.

Also, you should care who people are when they are trying to help you. Especially when you put your squadron ID on your profile.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 03, 2012, 06:10:36 PM
I dont care who you people are

We don't care either.

you people got on my topic and began to insult me

Care to read back through your posts?

so for me to give you repect you must give me respect.

Well past that. If I were you I'd stop posting on here. For a long while.

Garibaldi

I dont care who you people are you people got on my topic and began to insult me so for me to give you repect you must give me respect.
[/quote]

For you to give us respect we must give you respect....hmm. Anyone care to take a swing at just what the h e l l is wrong with that statement before I put on my size 10's and jump all over this? No? OK.

Respect is a two way street. You cannot DEMAND respect any more than we can demand it of you. You GIVE respect to GET respect. It works like that in the real world, where we reside.

Respect is EARNED. And buddy boy, your credit is shot here. You have not taken a single bit of help we have tried to give you. Instead you demand we give you respect, continue to disrespect US here, in a forum that you willingly came into. We did not ASK you to come here. You came here of your own free will and started in on your own little drama.

Good luck in your life as a hobo. Because, with an attitude like yours, you will go far in life...as far as the nearest underpass.

I can honestly say that you have become a shining example of the cadet no one wants anyone to be. Disrespectful, uneducated, arrogant, combative, and downright ignorant of the facts of life. You show no willingness to listen, to start implementing the changes we suggested in your grammar and your attitude.

You keep forgetting that we as Seniors have an obligation to...counsel, if you will, against this sort of behavior. Some of us are more proactive than others, like me. Others are more passive. You also forget that in your profile is the name of your unit. You have openly insulted your unit commander by calling him a liar in a public forum, and that can be considered slander. Anything you have said, or will say, can be sent straight to him in a matter of seconds. If I don't do it, someone else might.

Good luck in your future as a former cadet.