A predicament of some sorts.

Started by AngelWings, August 01, 2012, 09:05:04 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: AngelWings on August 02, 2012, 03:59:16 AMI am looking for cold hard facts from the regulations and from prior knowledge on the best way to handle heading into the situation and making sure things are done.

Your staff is aware, stay out of it. 

Cadets do not, under any circumstances, "handle" these situations, nor is it your place to "make sure things are done".

Quote from: AngelWings on August 02, 2012, 03:59:16 AMI am looking for cold hard facts from the regulations and from
I am in her CoC, so right now I am doing the absolute best I can to resolve the issue.

Your role, had you heard it yourself, would have been to report it to your commander.   Since you have confirmed they are aware, your best course is to
stay out of it.  Anything you personally do from this point forward could make the situation worse, or impact your own standing.

"That Others May Zoom"

AngelWings

Quote from: Eclipse on August 02, 2012, 04:06:48 AM
Quote from: AngelWings on August 02, 2012, 03:59:16 AMI am looking for cold hard facts from the regulations and from prior knowledge on the best way to handle heading into the situation and making sure things are done.

Your staff is aware, stay out of it. 

Cadets do not, under any circumstances, "handle" these situations.

Quote from: AngelWings on August 02, 2012, 03:59:16 AMI am looking for cold hard facts from the regulations and from
I am in her CoC, so right now I am doing the absolute best I can to resolve the issue.

Your role, had you heard it yourself, would have been to report it to your commander.   Since you have confirmed they are aware, your best course is to
stay out of it.  Anything you personally do from this point forward could make the situation worse, or impact your own standing.
I got one person telling "deal with it" and I got you telling me "stay out of it". I am honestly confused because I feel like either way I am being called a wuss by someone (even though all I am trying to do is to do my part in making sure my cadets are being treated fairly). I am trying to do things professionally and to the books as much as possible. Last thing I want to to do is to start off my term on a bad footing. I also feeling both reflect decisions are going to have some negative impact on me.

Eclipse

No one here is calling you a wuss.

Knowing your lane and the proper way to handle things is part of maturity and being a good leader.

Sporting a crusader attitude about things like his, when they are already being handled, just leads to bad results.

"That Others May Zoom"

AngelWings

Quote from: Eclipse on August 02, 2012, 04:39:26 AM
No one here is calling you a wuss.

Knowing your lane and the proper way to handle things is part of maturity and being a good leader.

Sporting a crusader attitude about things like his, when they are already being handled, just leads to bad results.
Thank you. I am not trying to be a crusader, partly why I came here before I just flew off the bat and started trying to get involved with the fire in my gut, which would've most likely lead to me looking like I am trying to kick a cadet out. I don't want anything coming back on me. I guess the best thing to do is to make sure I am cooperative with my CC and whomever asks me, if they do, to help them out with the instance.

BillB

I'm waiting for Ned to jump in on this one.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Major Lord

Quote from: AngelWings on August 02, 2012, 03:55:03 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 02, 2012, 03:14:13 AM
Quote from: AngelWings on August 01, 2012, 09:05:04 PMThe Seniors who came to me are not looking to make a scene because they're not too sure of the correctness of everything said and they want to handle the matter without getting directly involved.

I just re-read this.

Seniors do not bring problems of this nature to their cadets.  That is 100% inappropriate.

Is this is indeed the case, someone needs to have a discussion with them in regards to their proper role and the procedures for handling disciplinary
issues.
I couldn't agree with you more. As for your other post, I do feel (whether or not a regulation book or teaching says I am supposed to) responsibility for people in flights. Especially sexism, prejudice, and anything else meant to make a cadet feel like they are not welcome due to what they are.

Major Lord, I am not blowing anything up. I simply refuse to have cadet made to feel unwelcome, seeing how I am the C/CD and am moving to C/CC. I've talked with the cadet before, and I know the intent, if it truely happened, was only meant to be malicious. It's sexist, and I refuse to deal with it within my ranks. There is no overblowing of the story, and some people have tried to overblow to me bringing it back right to how it was originally told to me. I am not stirring any cauldron of feces, I am making sure I do not look like an absolute idiot trying to move into a situation I have no experience with. I don't deal with this often, and the cadet has many problems already. His attitude is piss poor, he tries to run the show and talk over people, and the worst part, I am not given the authority to "deal" with it! If it was a world where I can reprimand the kid for when he really screws up, I wouldn't have any problem. You're attitude towards this is coming off that I should blow the matter off because I am given power by the regulations to properly reprimand a thickheaded cadet who takes punishment like it is a joke.

It's not poor taste to tell someone they are unwelcome, it is at best, a malicious comment made to make them feel like they are <insert drum roll> unwelcome!

Angel,

My name is Lord, but even I don't claim to be omniscient and able to judge a man's intent, especially without direct knowledge,  and as you so clearly state(emphasis above added) shows that you have a predisposition to rash judgment. When you stated that you were going to be taking "Command" of the Squadron, I just assumed you were a barely literate Senior. Cadets don't "Command" anything, any "authority" you possess is just lent to you by the Squadron Commander, as his, ( I know, sexist assumption right?) . by the commander of the next echelon. If your plan is to remodel your Squadron along the lines of your politically correct and naive worldview, you will be in for a frustrating time. No one is really anonymous here, and you have libeled a Cadet, calling his alleged actions "Malicious", "Sexist", and a few other inane accusations. Note: There are actual, physical, mental, and emotional differences between males and females of the human race, and you might wish to investigate this further.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

AngelWings

He has a long and almost storied history of disobedience and will talk over only females and ignores them sometimes (which I've tried to correct him on before). He has major attitude problems. I am not labeling him a sexist, I can see it through his common actions. I am not labeling disobedient, his record, spanning months ago, shows he has MAJOR attitude problems. I am one of those people who sees that a person has attitude issues and goes to believe that, hey, they probably still have them or are dispositioned to have them. His attitude is inappropiate, and I almost everyone in his flight has some sort of gripe about his poor attitude. His reputation has no good parts. I wouldn't even have thought about it if there wasn't a history behind him.

lordmonar

AngelWings.....I think it is time to disengage.

You have brought your problem to our attention and we have offered our advice.....it is time to move on.

As far as we can tell the proper authorities have been notified.  Let them handel it.  When you become the C/CC and this cadet falls under you....then it is cool for you to mentor/counsal/correct any substandard behavior that you see or become aware of.

No one here needs any more information.

This is something for your squadron leadership to deal with....let them.

LM OUT
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

AngelWings

Quote from: lordmonar on August 02, 2012, 08:42:15 PM
AngelWings.....I think it is time to disengage.

You have brought your problem to our attention and we have offered our advice.....it is time to move on.

As far as we can tell the proper authorities have been notified.  Let them handel it.  When you become the C/CC and this cadet falls under you....then it is cool for you to mentor/counsal/correct any substandard behavior that you see or become aware of.

No one here needs any more information.

This is something for your squadron leadership to deal with....let them.

LM OUT
I agree 100%. My questions here were answered well (thank you!).