Cap to switch to ABU's

Started by The Bates, July 27, 2012, 10:10:17 PM

The Bates

Since CAP is to switch to the ABU's eventually, why dont we change our nametapes as well? i like the blue field they have for the background, but the lettering colors should change. i was thinking a reflective lettering should replace it for GT purposes. or if yall have any idea's about uniform changes (nametape,patches) then speak up.
U.S. Navy Hooyah!

ProdigalJim

Please tell me you're kidding?

The number of posts on this board refuting the "we're-gonna-get-ABUs" rumors is growing logarithmically...

The National Commander has said, in public, to give it a rest...

The Region commanders have passed the word through their respective chains-of-command that it's not on any official radar at the moment AND said the MGen Carr is so annoyed with the topic that it is no longer an "appropriate subject for Ask The Commander." And that's a direct quote...

Right now, the odds of you, me or any other presently serving CAP member wearing officially sanctioned CAP ABUs are in the same vicinity as winning the Mega Millions, co-piloting a UFO or having dinner with Elvis.
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

spacecommand

I think the title of this thread should be changed... ::)

The Bates

alright. i understand that ppl tend to go on and on bout the ABU's but i was never told about that info. and yea im new to this place, but dude really your a sm bombing a cadet over a lil topic?
U.S. Navy Hooyah!

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: The Bates on July 27, 2012, 10:10:17 PM
... if yall have any idea's about uniform changes (nametape,patches) then speak up.

We did speak up.  We were told to pipe down.

spacecommand

It has nothing to do with  a SM bombing a Cadet over a comment.  In addition, the title of this thread is VERYmisleading.

abdsp51

Quote from: The Bates on July 27, 2012, 10:37:16 PM
alright. i understand that ppl tend to go on and on bout the ABU's but i was never told about that info. and yea im new to this place, but dude really your a sm bombing a cadet over a lil topic?

Did you even ask your unit leadership about this?  Not knowing how new you are many questions can be answered at that level.  And since you know that you were addressing a SM "dude" is never an acceptable way to address a SM. 

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: abdsp51 on July 27, 2012, 10:45:23 PM
Did you even ask your unit leadership about this?  Not knowing how new you are many questions can be answered at that level.  And since you know that you were addressing a SM "dude" is never an acceptable way to address a SM.

Which is, of course, the FIRST place to ask.  It's called the "Chain Of Command."

And when you address a senior member, you say "sir," "ma'am" or rank for officers (including flight officers) and rank for NCO's.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Garibaldi

Since CAP is to switch to the ABU's eventually, why dont we change our nametapes as well? i like the blue field they have for the background, but the lettering colors should change. i was thinking a reflective lettering should replace it for GT purposes. or if yall have any idea's about uniform changes (nametape,patches) then speak up.

Son, in the Great State of Georgia, from where I hail and started my CAP career (SER-GA-065, DeKalb County Cadet Squadron, 1981-1986), you should know to put an apostrophe in y'all. Your misuse of the apostrophe is apparent all through your post. Now, I realize that the Georgia state school system isn't what it once was, but unless you grew up under a hay pile you should know that.  ;D

Please keep in mind that there are both seniors and cadets who read this board, and although customs and courtesies don't really apply here, you should really watch your tone.

And the ABU subject is the proverbial deceased equine mammal which continues to be beaten with an implement of destruction.

Now, having busted your chops on your grammar, I kind of like the idea of reflective lettering in the patches and name tapes, even for regular use on BDUs. It's a safety issue for me. I like reflective things for when I'm in the woods. However, I am thinking that unless you did it yourself, the cost to produce them would be prohibitive.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Extremepredjudice

Why don't we all just get pink BDUs with a grey (with flames) beret, and neon purple boots?

I think it would look attractive...

Best I could do in 5 minutes...
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

caphornbuckle

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on July 27, 2012, 11:44:23 PM
Why don't we all just get pink BDUs with a grey (with flames) beret, and neon purple boots?

At least no one could say it isn't distinctive! ;D
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

Garibaldi

Quote from: caphornbuckle on July 27, 2012, 11:47:46 PM

We could wear it to drill competition and do the routine from Monty Python's "And Now for Something Completely Different"

CAP4117

I just rewatched that. Priceless... ;D

ol'fido

Quote from: Garibaldi on July 27, 2012, 11:49:15 PM
Quote from: caphornbuckle on July 27, 2012, 11:47:46 PM

We could wear it to drill competition and do the routine from Monty Python's "And Now for Something Completely Different"
If I ever had to wear boots like that it would be more along the lines of "The Ministry of Funny Walks".
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

SarDragon

Luvin' the boots, and yesss, "The Ministry of Silly Walks"!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Garibaldi

Quote from: NIN on July 28, 2012, 12:30:18 PM
"I would like the ABUs."

I will not buy the ABUs. They are full of eels.

The Bates

Sorry about my few disrespecting posts. and I will try my best to do better.

The reflective nametapes would help out GTM because it is hard to see the blue at night, and some of the vests just aren't enough
U.S. Navy Hooyah!

Major Lord

Quote from: Garibaldi on July 27, 2012, 11:40:36 PM

Son, in the Great State of Georgia, from where I hail and started my CAP career (SER-GA-065, DeKalb County Cadet Squadron, 1981-1986), you should know to put an apostrophe in y'all. Your misuse of the apostrophe is apparent all through your post. Now, I realize that the Georgia state school system isn't what it once was, but unless you grew up under a hay pile you should know that.  ;D

Please keep in mind that there are both seniors and cadets who read this board, and although customs and courtesies don't really apply here, you should really watch your tone.

And the ABU subject is the proverbial deceased equine mammal which continues to be beaten with an implement of destruction.

Now, having busted your chops on your grammar, I kind of like the idea of reflective lettering in the patches and name tapes, even for regular use on BDUs. It's a safety issue for me. I like reflective things for when I'm in the woods. However, I am thinking that unless you did it yourself, the cost to produce them would be prohibitive.

Major,

As an expert on Georgia, I was wondering if you would clear up the unit of measurement called a "Mess" . It seems that  " A mess a' catfish" on a stringer, is a different value than   "A mess a' catfish" on a dinner plate. Is it the metric system? I spent a year on the ground in Louisiana after a little storm they had their a while back, and could never get this locked down. Also, if Y'all could tell a California boy where he could get fixed up with a mess of organic, low carb, soy grits, I would appreciate it. In the grocery stores do they have people handing out samples of just one grit so y'all can try one first? If they don't have Soy, Avocado Grits would be super! I was intrigued to see that the Chevron Stop and Rob markets in the south have those little foil wrapped taste treats ( hamburger, hot dog, etc) but saw one I have never seen in California on the menu; "Crawdad pie" (that was actually in Mississippi) it seems that the little crustaceans switch from being "crawdads" to "Crawfeesh" once you enter Louisiana!

Major Lord
P.s., besides the people who wee trying to kill me, death and destruction, and disease and suffering, I found I really loved the South and its people ( aside from the aforementioned "yoot" gangs who saw the opportunity to redraw their influence spheres when every sane person fled-those guys, not so much)
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Walkman

As a former Georgia resident myself, there's a distinct difference in the use of "y'all" and "all y'all". Y'all is common in speaking to a single person. All y'all is the more correct conjugation when referencing a mess of people.

And you don't "push" a button, you "mash" it.