Main Menu

Green Flight Suit

Started by 41839j, July 24, 2012, 03:11:18 AM

AngelWings

If you don't tell anyone what you are wearing under your flightsuit, than they won't know. People have gripes with everything, but don't listen to them (unless they actually make a real and important point).

You're fine. I wear shorts and a tank top under my uniforms at all times, with a pair of flip flops in my pack or my car so if I want to get comfortable when I am done wearing my uniform I'll be fine. As long as you can't see the general outline of the pants under the suit don't worry about it. Many people I know wear stuff under their bag, since the regulations are not kind to the idea of anyone who wears it going out in public for anything nonessential (like grabbing a bite to eat or heading to a store to buy some stuff for the house).

If it happens again for some ungodly reason, ignore them, call them stupid in professional terms, act like they have two heads, tell them they do not know what they are even talking about, whatever. Some people feel like they need to go around critizing other people, even if they look like crap themselves. Actually, that is a common occurence in all walks of life. People feel the need to prove themselves to other people when they know they don't meet the cut.

abdsp51

[quote author=AngelWings link=topic=15824.

If it happens again for some ungodly reason, ignore them, call them stupid in professional terms, act like they have two heads, tell them they do not know what they are even talking about, whatever. Some people feel like they need to go around critizing other people, even if they look like crap themselves. Actually, that is a common occurence in all walks of life. People feel the need to prove themselves to other people when they know they don't meet the cut.
[/quote]

Wrong answer.

AngelWings

Quote from: abdsp51 on July 24, 2012, 05:37:57 PM
[quote author=AngelWings link=topic=15824.

Wrong answer.
[/quote]
What's wrong? Ignoring them or handling things that way you feel (only reason I said that was the fact I am not in his CoC, so I can't physically stop him from saying what he wants, just advise against it) or the fact that people are critical of others when they in fact are hypocrits and don't meet the standards themselves? The latter I know is right because I see it happen almost daily with my pops in Real Estate. The former, well, again I am not his CC, CD, or whatever position holds direct authority against him, so I ca only advise him against saying things, but I can't reprimand the guy for saying what he wants. The whatever was a hint that I don't have authority, you do what you know is right.

Bluelakes 13

Quote from: Eclipse on July 24, 2012, 05:01:50 AM
The flight suit is pretty much another CAP affectation anyway.

:clap:

abdsp51

That response can escalate something that does not need to be escalated.  A simple thank you have a good day and be on your way.  Your examples are not proffesional by any means and would only cause the op or anyone for that matter to sink to the other persons level.

AngelWings

Quote from: abdsp51 on July 24, 2012, 07:48:27 PM
That response can escalate something that does not need to be escalated.  A simple thank you have a good day and be on your way.  Your examples are not proffesional by any means and would only cause the op or anyone for that matter to sink to the other persons level.
I apologize, and me I'm used to my dad being more brash and open with people he doesn't like, and he really does good at making idiots realize they are idiots. It's how I was raised, so I do lean towards it more.

SarDragon

You don't like us, and think we're idiots? That's what I just read in your post.

I think you need to step back, and reevaluate your attitude a bit, because right now, it's unsatisfactory. There's a time to argue for your opinion, and this isn't one of those. Arguing against decades of experience and wisdom is not the way to make a positive influence.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AngelWings

Quote from: SarDragon on July 25, 2012, 04:17:00 AM
You don't like us, and think we're idiots? That's what I just read in your post.

I think you need to step back, and reevaluate your attitude a bit, because right now, it's unsatisfactory. There's a time to argue for your opinion, and this isn't one of those. Arguing against decades of experience and wisdom is not the way to make a positive influence.
Where'd you get that from me saying my dad makes idiots (in the real estate world) look like idiots when they piss him off? I am not arguing any point, your telling me I have an attitude for apologizing for something I grew up with and sometimes am partial to think is ok or at least not to worrisome. You're blowing it out of context. I was expectin people could read it in a way that would come off as someone informally talking about how they were raised, not saying I don't like them and think they are idiots. Wow, if that is how I write I need to get to a formal writing class because I am unable to convey points without people understanding what I mean.

SarDragon

Yes, you need to work on your writing skills. We've already had a discussion about that by PM. You had a bad attitude about that, too.

I asked my wife to look at the thread, and tell me what she thought you were saying in your post. She had the same idea I did. She's a retired Navy CPO.

You're thinking and behaving like your dad, and in this case, it's wrong.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AngelWings

Quote from: SarDragon on July 25, 2012, 04:46:15 AM
Yes, you need to work on your writing skills. We've already had a discussion about that by PM. You had a bad attitude about that, too.

I asked my wife to look at the thread, and tell me what she thought you were saying in your post. She had the same idea I did. She's a retired Navy CPO.

You're thinking and behaving like your dad, and in this case, it's wrong.
I apologize. I need more help than a PM. I've made a topic to avoid completely hijacking this thread, so if you have any suggestions, please post them. I am not trying to put any bad attitude in my posts, and it comes off different than I intend.

The CyBorg is destroyed

If these were non-members who I didn't know from Adam, I'd say, in a neutral tone, "Look, if you can only criticise based on standards you are unfamiliar with, I have better things to do" and be on my way.

There's no reason to get into a sniping match with anyone.  Life's too short.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Walkman

Quote from: G+10 on July 24, 2012, 04:21:54 PM
Quote from: Walkman on July 24, 2012, 02:07:30 PM
I wear a pair of athletic shorts under my bag just so I have a couple of pockets for my wallet, etc.

Wait a sec... A flight suit is nothing BUT pockets!

LOL True! I don't like the feeling of my wallet & phone in any of the chest of lower leg pockets. It just feels.. weird. My shorts have the traditional front pockets so I stash my stuff there and it feels more natural.

capmedic

Quote from: 41839j on July 24, 2012, 02:41:52 PM
Quote from: capmedic on July 24, 2012, 01:41:30 PM
Wow - talk about making a mountain out of  a mole hill:

1) Random people told you that you look like crap in your uniform.
2) You didn't know them.
3) You don't know if they were CAP
4) This upset you so badly you called your Deputy Commander to "discuss the situation"
5) You threaten to quit.

Uhmmm, yeah.....

While that is not an accurate assesment of the situation, I thank you anyway for being so helpful in your contribution.

Which part was materially inaccurate?

Garibaldi

You know...once I was home visiting my sister and we went to her son's school's football game. There were AFJROTC kids in blues doing...something...there. I'm still not sure. This was before I went back in CAP. It was all I could do not to go over and tell them that they were wrong in the way they were wearing their uniforms: gig lines way out of whack, white socks(!), hair out of regs, belts wrapped halfway around their waists. I asked my sister if I was wrong in wanting to go dress them down for it and she told me yes, it was. It took me a minute to think about it and realize she was right.

Unless you have an identifiable reason for doing so, you are gonna be wrong 100% of the time, even though you're right. They wouldn't have known me from Adam and here an overweight male civilian was telling me that my uniform looked shoddy and that I was putting their unit in a bad light. Bad feelings all around.

Those guys who told the OP he was wrong were wrong. They may have been right but they were wrong. I'd react that way if some joker came up and told me my gig line was out of order or my shoes needed shining.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^^Very well said, Garibaldi, with good example of your nephew's football game AFJROTC kids.

I see AFJROTC around now and again, and even if one of their cadets was wearing fluorescent orange running shoes with the uniform, I wouldn't say anything.

Why?

Because I have no command authority over JROTC whatsoever.  To try and assert it would make me look quite foolish.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

gw263

I wear the nomex flight suit daily, and we are required to wear nomex, cotton or wool undergarmets and socks.  Wearing synthetic undergarmets or outerwear really defeats the purpose of wearing the nomex.  I don't personally know of anyone wearing pants under their flight suit, but I guess it is possible.  In cold weather, I wear issue nomex long underwear.

SarDragon

Quote from: gw263 on August 01, 2012, 08:37:21 PM
I wear the nomex flight suit daily, and we are required to wear nomex, cotton or wool undergarmets and socks.  Wearing synthetic undergarmets or outerwear really defeats the purpose of wearing the nomex.  I don't personally know of anyone wearing pants under their flight suit, but I guess it is possible.  In cold weather, I wear issue nomex long underwear.

Therein lies the problem. You get stuff issued to you. CAP doesn't get issued squat in the way of clothing. Since we don't really 'need' Nomex undies, I wear cotton.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Critical AOA

So am I or am I not allowed to go astronaut style and wear an adult diaper under my flight suit? 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Garibaldi

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 01, 2012, 10:47:07 PM
So am I or am I not allowed to go astronaut style and wear an adult diaper under my flight suit?

[Gibbs head slap]

Only if you're bat-crap crazy and in love with another astronaut.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Critical AOA

Well, I was in love with an alien but now she is a citizen.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw