How To Pass Staff Selection

Started by MilitaryGirlClair, April 21, 2012, 01:25:24 AM

MilitaryGirlClair

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars:)

a2capt

...that you only get access to for 12 hours after the post. I still say this thread reads like an opening post is missing. .. and my earlier comment? Stirring the pot? Hey, that was constructive advise. That's the way it is.

MilitaryGirlClair

Quote from: a2capt on April 23, 2012, 01:30:10 AM
...that you only get access to for 12 hours after the post. I still say this thread reads like an opening post is missing. .. and my earlier comment? Stirring the pot? Hey, that was constructive advise. That's the way it is.
What does that mean the original post doesn't "show?" I'm alittle confused...

ßτε

Quote from: MilitaryGirlClair on April 23, 2012, 01:32:29 AM
It means that your post to start this thread reads like it is a response to another post, not a post to open a thread.

PA Guy

Stirring the pot? Hey, that was constructive advise. That's the way it is.

So much for a positive demonstration of leadership to cadets. I guess some people just prefer to be part of the problem.

MilitaryGirlClair

Quote from: ß τ ε on April 23, 2012, 02:38:03 AM
Quote from: MilitaryGirlClair on April 23, 2012, 01:32:29 AM
It means that your post to start this thread reads like it is a response to another post, not a post to open a thread.
Oh I get it :) Thank you!

CadetFriesen

I really like the idea of this thread, a lot of the stress that first time encampment staff applicants experience comes from not knowing what to expect at staff selection. Staff selection is not some mystery to intimidate first timers, its a weekend (For CAWG) of pure evaluation.

Here is my advice to anyone curious about Encampment SSX:
1. Study your regulations. If you can't take the time to learn how to properly teach drill and ceremonies and wear the uniform, why should you be on encampment staff?

2. Practice. If you are week in a certain area, ask people at your squadron for help. If you are bad drilling a flight, start drilling a flight at your weekly meetings. Confidence comes with practice.

3. Show up with the right mindset. If you want to be a flight sergeant, show up acting like one. That doesn't mean start shouting commands left and right, it means act with the professionalism that an encampment flight sergeant should have.

And a little off topic, there is no "CTG Clique". There is absolutely zero favoritism involved in staff selection. We take every precaution to avoid that.

-C/Maj Daniel Friesen
1st Lt, USAF

MilitaryGirlClair

Quote from: CadetFriesen on April 25, 2012, 12:39:35 AM
I really like the idea of this thread, a lot of the stress that first time encampment staff applicants experience comes from not knowing what to expect at staff selection. Staff selection is not some mystery to intimidate first timers, its a weekend (For CAWG) of pure evaluation.

Here is my advice to anyone curious about Encampment SSX:
1. Study your regulations. If you can't take the time to learn how to properly teach drill and ceremonies and wear the uniform, why should you be on encampment staff?

2. Practice. If you are week in a certain area, ask people at your squadron for help. If you are bad drilling a flight, start drilling a flight at your weekly meetings. Confidence comes with practice.

3. Show up with the right mindset. If you want to be a flight sergeant, show up acting like one. That doesn't mean start shouting commands left and right, it means act with the professionalism that an encampment flight sergeant should have.

And a little off topic, there is no "CTG Click". There is absolutely zero favoritism involved in staff selection. We take every precaution to avoid that.

-C/Maj Daniel Friesen
This was really good :) I will use this! Thank you :D

SarDragon

BTW, it's "clique", not "click".
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CadetFriesen

1st Lt, USAF