How To Pass Staff Selection

Started by MilitaryGirlClair, April 21, 2012, 01:25:24 AM

MilitaryGirlClair

:)A little scary...it sets the tone for encampment, but there are ways to prepare! You will be constantly asked what you are applying for. Know the answer right off the bat. Make sure you are very knowledgeable with the Drill and Ceremonies Manual. Have an amazing uniform. Every little detail counts. If you know how to make a hoospital corners, that's an extra step ahead for you! KNow ALL your memory work. You will be having an inspection. None of the SSX people want you to fail, they want you to succeed. Good luck!
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars:)

Cap'n

Thank you for the post, ma'am(?). I will be interviewed on Monday for my first staff selection interview, and am quite nervous. This helped a lot!

Extremepredjudice

Encampment and squadron staff aren't the same.

Pomegranate, any specific questions we can answer?

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

a2capt

All you gotta do is be in with the CTG clique...  ::)

Cap'n

I understand that, thank you. I am appreciative for information regarding any sort of CAP interviews at this point.

And I actually do have a question. Many people have mentioned "Drill and Ceremonies" and "Customs and Courtesies". By this, does that mean you are questioned on these topics, or does the interviewer see how well you perform on these topics during the interview?

a2capt

This thread is weird. It reads like there's an original post missing.

PA Guy

Quote from: a2capt on April 21, 2012, 05:15:43 AM
All you gotta do is be in with the CTG clique...  ::)

Instead of stirring the pot why not offer some constructive advice?

PA Guy

Quote from: Pomegranate on April 21, 2012, 05:45:53 AM
I understand that, thank you. I am appreciative for information regarding any sort of CAP interviews at this point.

And I actually do have a question. Many people have mentioned "Drill and Ceremonies" and "Customs and Courtesies". By this, does that mean you are questioned on these topics, or does the interviewer see how well you perform on these topics during the interview?

Depends on where you are.  In general you should be able to ans. questions about D&C/C&C and and demonstrate them if asked.

MilitaryGirlClair

Pomegranate: They make you drill a flight and that is the Drill and Ceremonies. They might question you about it, I don't know. :P But with C&C, you show it by greeting passing officers how how well you present yourself. What are you trying out for? Oh, and I'm a sgt. :)

Extremepredjudice

Depends. Just be familiar with drill. If you can call the commands properly (correct foot, etc) than you should be able to explain it to someone.

Quote from: MilitaryGirlClair on April 21, 2012, 10:16:30 PM
Pomegranate: They make you drill a flight and that is the Drill and Ceremonies. They might question you about it, I don't know. :P But with C&C, you show it by greeting passing officers how how well you present yourself. What are you trying out for? Oh, and I'm a sgt. :)
no offense, but you do know she isn't applying for encampment staff, correct? Encampment isn't the same as home squadrons.

Quote from: a2capt on April 21, 2012, 05:51:45 AM
yeah. I was thinking the same thing.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

MilitaryGirlClair

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 21, 2012, 10:30:27 PM

Depends. Just be familiar with drill. If you can call the commands properly (correct foot, etc) than you should be able to explain it to someone.

Quote from: MilitaryGirlClair on April 21, 2012, 10:16:30 PM
no offense, but you do know she isn't applying for encampment staff, correct? Encampment isn't the same as home squadrons.
No I didn't know...

Quote from: a2capt on April 21, 2012, 05:51:45 AM
yeah. I was thinking the same thing.

MilitaryGirlClair

Oh, I thought she was applying for...oh I see. I'm sorry that's my bad! I see how it can go both ways. Well, staff selection at a sq. is waaay different. I think. Again my bad, but good luck!

Extremepredjudice

Please use quote tags. And the modify button.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Cap'n

Thank you to everyone, I appreciate it. I apologize, I seemed to screw everyone up. I am applying for my first staff position, and was just looking for any generic interview advice.

And thank you ExtremePredjudice, you have been helpful on both this thread, and the one I myself created. I know I can be a little obnoxious when I'm nervous.

And to the OP- thank you as well, sergeant, and welcome to the forums. :)

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Pomegranate on April 22, 2012, 04:01:51 AM
I know I can be a little obnoxious when I'm nervous.
I am very obnoxious, also! I bugged my school's Vice-Presidents so much they gave me a job. (Computer Science Tutor) >:D

QuoteI apologize, I seemed to screw everyone up
It is no problem, Captalk's threads ALWAYS get derailed.

And thank you ExtremePredjudice, you have been helpful on both this thread, and the one I myself created.
No problems! You can always PM or email me, I'm more than happy to help.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

MilitaryGirlClair

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 22, 2012, 02:17:07 AM
Sorry:P I'm new here, this is my first post, but now I know how to use it! Thanks:)

MilitaryGirlClair

Quote from: Pomegranate on April 22, 2012, 04:01:51 AM
Thank you to everyone, I appreciate it. I apologize, I seemed to screw everyone up. I am applying for my first staff position, and was just looking for any generic interview advice.

And thank you ExtremePredjudice, you have been helpful on both this thread, and the one I myself created. I know I can be a little obnoxious when I'm nervous.

And to the OP- thank you as well, sergeant, and welcome to the forums. :)
Haha thank you:) Good luck!

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: MilitaryGirlClair on April 23, 2012, 12:16:09 AM
Sorry:P I'm new here, this is my first post, but now I know how to use it! Thanks:)
If you know how to use the modify button, why did you double post? ???

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

MilitaryGirlClair

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 23, 2012, 12:39:28 AM
Quote from: MilitaryGirlClair on April 23, 2012, 12:16:09 AM
If you know how to use the modify button, why did you double post? ???
Sorry, what is the modify button? Could you please expain? :)

Extremepredjudice

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor