Alternate sources for Corporate Uniform Items

Started by Lancer, January 31, 2007, 04:52:21 PM

Lancer

Hi All,

I want to order items for the corporate uniform, but I'm running into a bit of a snag. At this point, I can only order the flight cap and blazer in my size from Vanguard, the shirt I need to, and can get from another source, but the right size trousers are not available on the Vanguard website. In fact, they only have two sizes listed, 50 and 52.

Can any of these new corporate uniform items be purchased elsewhere? Thanks in advance for the help.

afgeo4

GEORGE LURYE

Lancer

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 31, 2007, 04:58:06 PM
have you tried the hock? the hock is good.

BTDT. No Trousers or Blazers available for the corporate uniform at The Hock.  :-\

afgeo4

Wait... Flight Cap and Blazer?  Are we talking TPU or the grey and whites?
GEORGE LURYE

Lancer

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 31, 2007, 05:59:32 PM
Wait... Flight Cap and Blazer?  Are we talking TPU or the grey and whites?

The TPU; The only thing I can't order from Vanguard is the trousers, and the shirt, but I have a source for the shirt. I'm getting ready to call Vanguard and say, "WTF, over." Ya know?

AlphaSigOU

I'm still waiting for my TPU service dress coat - last I heard the latest shipment was held up because Vanguard was waiting on CAP shiny-finish buttons.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: mlcurtis69 on January 31, 2007, 04:52:21 PM
Hi All,

I want to order items for the corporate uniform, but I'm running into a bit of a snag. At this point, I can only order the flight cap and blazer in my size from Vanguard, the shirt I need to, and can get from another source, but the right size trousers are not available on the Vanguard website. In fact, they only have two sizes listed, 50 and 52.

The shade for the TPU trouser and coat is 1625 (AF service dress is 1620). Search for 'Male Blue Trousers' or by catalog number CAP0993 - these are the same style trousers that will work for the TPU. Leave it to Vanguard to scatter half the items you need all over the website.

The Hock does have shade 1625 trousers available, but sizes may be limited.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Lancer

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 31, 2007, 07:18:07 PM
The shade for the TPU trouser and coat is 1625 (AF service dress is 1620). Search for 'Male Blue Trousers' or by catalog number CAP0993 - these are the same style trousers that will work for the TPU. Leave it to Vanguard to scatter half the items you need all over the website.

The Hock does have shade 1625 trousers available, but sizes may be limited.

Ah, that would be the problem. I assumed the 'Male Blue Trousers' were the 1620 shade, not the 1625 I'd need for the TPU. That's a relief to know. Thanks!

ColonelJack

It took three months for my Corporate Service Coat to arrive; it came with shiny silver CAP buttons, but they were the old-fashioned buttons ... the new ones, with the propeller alone, aren't available, it seems.

I thought the thing came with the silver sleeve braid.  Seems you have to order that separately.  Fortunately, I have the braid taken off my new mess dress and can salvage that.  Take that, Vanguard!   >:D

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Beret-SAR

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 31, 2007, 07:12:52 PM
I'm still waiting for my TPU service dress coat - last I heard the latest shipment was held up because Vanguard was waiting on CAP shiny-finish buttons.

I ordered my TPU Service Coat in early January and paid for overnight shipping, and then was told it would take over 2 months to arrive. Vanguard is the most screwed up place I have ever seen, I don't know how they stay in business if the treat all of there customers this way. I have ordered from Vanguard 7 times and 6 of my orders were F%$@ed up. I am not the only one that has this problem.  >:( Vanguard has shut down all of the other vendors that carried CAP uniform stuff except for the Hock. CAP members need to have other choices on where we can get our uniform needs, This is a monopoly. It sounds like someone on high got a kickback in this deal from Vanguard.

TankerT

Quote from: Beret-SAR on January 31, 2007, 11:19:35 PM
This is a monopoly. It sounds like someone on high got a kickback in this deal from Vanguard.

Actually, CAP does.  I think the corporation is getting between $6k and $7k a month off of CAP sales from Vanguard. 

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

arajca

Send an email to Beth Maul at Vanguard. She'll send you the proper part numbers and availability within 48 hours.

As I understand it, the manufacturer of the buttons is the hold up.

The sleeve braid comes with the coat, but not attached. After you get the sleeves fitted (they leave them unhemmed to allow for some tailoring), you attach the braid 3" from the end.

As an aside, the Goretex grade sleeve should be available in about a month.

O-Rex

Blazer/Gray pants combo: get them and any 'Syms' or 'Men's Wearhouse.'

TPU Coat-Vanguard has the market cornered...

-Anybody have a Mil buddy in Korea?  They do great work . . . . 

Aviator Shirt - Pilot shops have them or go to www.pilotshirts.com

A word on long-sleeve aviator shirt with TPU jacket: it doesn't work, the collar-spread is too wide.  Plain dress shirt w/standard collar works nicely if you don't intend to take the coat off.

ColonelJack

arajca ...

Maybe your Corporate Service Coat came with silver braid.  Mine didn't.

As I said, though, I had the salvaged braid off my mess dress to use in its place.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

CAP Producer

I was able to get larger sized pants from Vanguard but it took get this

4 MONTHS    

That's not acceptable.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

SAR-EMT1

Any chance that the hock will ever carry the fully line of the old CAPMART? Because seriously I dont use Vanguard for anything. I LOVE HOCK, but they dont -yet- carry everything.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student