Flight CommanderGenner

Started by ElectricPenguin, February 06, 2012, 05:12:13 AM

ElectricPenguin

Generally if the flight commander isn't needed (such as PT), does the FC fall within the flight? I have searched the internet and have asked within the squadron, but i keep getting different answers.

ElectricPenguin

I just saw the subject line... My mistake...  :o

LGM30GMCC

It would depend heavily on the context and organization you are doing.

If the Flt/CC is not needed, but you are in a formation type scenario (encampment PT or whatnot) the Flt/CC may well go off to do officer-like things for awhile and just let the NCO in charge of whatever do their thing.

Another appropriate thing for them to do would be to just fall off to the side so they can keep an eye on their flight, while the NCO does NCO like things and they participate but it is clear they are still 'in charge' of what's going on.

At a squadron meeting, if you're doing drill and you need bodies, than it would be completely appropriate for a Flt/CC to fall in to help enough bodies be present.

All in all though, my recommendation would be for the Flt/CC to do Flt/CC like things.

Now, active duty wise, this isn't going to crop up that much and it is even more varied based on the situation.