Extra gear in the locker

Started by Walkman, January 11, 2012, 04:27:27 AM

Walkman

We've got a few items of older web/ALICE gear in our cage. We're a smaller unit with a new ES program. There's probably 3 or 4 sets of suspenders/belts, a large pack (not ALICE) and a medium ALICE frame, plus miscellaneous bits of pouches and random what-not. I'm working on a full inventory.

I'm not really sure what to do with it. Do any of your units issue gear like that? We don't have anyone that's super cash-strapped that we could help out in that way. I'd like to figure out a way to get it used to get it out of the cage. Any ideas on how to figure out who it should go to?

NC Hokie

We're in a similar position with surplus MOLLE kits that are used as rewards for members that complete ES ratings.  In your case, I'd suggest giving LBE sets (suspenders, a belt, and pouches) to new GTM3s, giving the pack to a GTM2 or GTM1, and issuing the other random equipment to whoever wants it.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Eclipse

+1 - and if no one in your unit needs it, offer it around the group / wing.  It serves no purpose in a cage, might as well find someone
to use it.

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

Quote from: NC Hokie on January 11, 2012, 05:00:09 AM
We're in a similar position with surplus MOLLE kits ...

Wanna' send some of those MOLLE kits my way?  ;) ;D

Buzz

Set up grab sets to hand out for disaster ops, public-service events or other in-a-hurry uses.

Walkman

Quote from: Buzz on January 11, 2012, 06:03:10 PM
Set up grab sets to hand out for disaster ops, public-service events or other in-a-hurry uses.

That's a good idea!

Djlolypop

Quote from: Walkman on January 11, 2012, 04:27:27 AM
We've got a few items of older web/ALICE gear in our cage. We're a smaller unit with a new ES program. There's probably 3 or 4 sets of suspenders/belts, a large pack (not ALICE) and a medium ALICE frame, plus miscellaneous bits of pouches and random what-not. I'm working on a full inventory.

I'm not really sure what to do with it. Do any of your units issue gear like that? We don't have anyone that's super cash-strapped that we could help out in that way. I'd like to figure out a way to get it used to get it out of the cage. Any ideas on how to figure out who it should go to?

If i were you i would just keep it, as your squadron grows your going to need these equipment for the new guys.

manfredvonrichthofen

Keep it. It will help out of someone's gear gets torn up or something on a mission. If I had an extra surplus, our squadron migh, and I need to check in on it. If we do I would suggest we keep a couple of sets in the van and ready in case anyone needs it. You can never be over prepared.